Best replacement for airbox ?

Hipporider

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket 3, 2010 R3R
Well, i am looking into what to run on the 2010 R3R to replace the air box and plenum. My other R3 , (wish i could keep both, but it'll probably be for sale in the future ) runs Unifilters.
Now I've heard of the Air Ram . I don't know much about them. My initial thoughts would be to go K&N pods or even Unifilters, though they're dirty bloody things, leaving oil about on the area of the motor and oil tank.
I'll be running a 3 into 1 shorty Predator pipe on the R3R when i get a round tuit.

I run the UNI Filters but spray the oil on them rather than try to massage the oil through which will always (for me anyway) drip oil.
DSCN1922.JPG

The ram air is a really easy replacement and seems to work well. I haven't run the dyno yet so I have no hard evidence but many others on here are happy with both Ramair and the K&N pods.

The ram air is a really easy replacement and seems to work well. I haven't run the dyno yet so I have no hard evidence but many others on here are happy with both Ramair and the K&N pods.
UNI filters are more free flowing for higher horsepower engines and do not suffer the cracking that some Ramair filters do.
I like the Ramair concept but am cautious about the build quality as they have had repeating issues of cracking.

I have and the Ram Air breathes slightly better than trip K&N 2780s.
Due to atmospheric condition differences, I got equal HP, but it took more fuel to trim so the GURU said it had to be making better power.
Go figure . . . over my head.

I use the K&Ns and spray the oil on. I have never had a drippy oil condition, or a drippy...... never mind.

I have not run the K&Ns on my Touring but when I went from stock air filter and intake setup to the RamAir I picked up 11hp on the dyno. (RamAir/TORS and tune).

bob

Yes. I
Another cold day on the Cape....:rolleyes: I use the K&N's also best to buy two and let one sit for awhile so you always have one permeated with oil.....never mind...:roll:
t is cold again. I am sick of this New England weather. I was in East Texas last week and I am really considering a move there.

Back