Best rear shocks for 2006 regardless of cost

Nutcase76

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket 3 Tribal
Looking to replace shocks on 2006 with Corbin Beetlebags. I'm 5'-10" tall and only weigh 150 lbs. Have had 2 spinal fusion surgeries and these Michigan roads just kick my ass with all the humps and bumps everywhere. Looking for the best ride I can get without all the jarring up my spine. Has progressive shocks on it now but not sure which ones they are.

Attachments

• 20200411_193649.jpg
    20200411_193649.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 19
I see it has been almost a month and no answers yet. There are several very good shocks for our 2006 Rockets. Unfortunately we usually buy a set and that is it. I have only used stock and Progressive 440 shocks. They are OK for me. There are many other VERY GOOD shocks to consider. Progressive 444, Hagan Nitro, YSS 366, Ohlin, Racetech, Traxxion Dynamics ... Et-Al.

If I wasn't so cheap I would probably go with a set of Hagan Nitro shocks.

I have Hagon Nittos, they're better than stock, but I suspect there's better ones, I've heard Wilburs spoken highly of.

I see it has been almost a month and no answers yet. There are several very good shocks for our 2006 Rockets. Unfortunately we usually buy a set and that is it. I have only used stock and Progressive 440 shocks. They are OK for me. There are many other VERY GOOD shocks to consider. Progressive 444, Hagan Nitro, YSS 366, Ohlin, Racetech, Traxxion Dynamics ... Et-Al.

If I wasn't so cheap I would probably go with a set of Hagan Nitro shocks.

Bill,
I've run both. For the extra $100 or so, the 444s are better.

I really like the progressive 444's. If it were not for the shocks and springs i would not be able to ride. Waiting on surgery. Use a cane to get out to bike and found a way to take it with me.

444's here, seem OK they were on the bike when I bought it. For the price they better be **** good!!!

From the context I think the OP is wanting a soft compliant ride not performance enhancing. I put Racetech on and the have a lot of adjustability and they were not cheap. I still think my Indians are a lot more comfortable to ride.

For a bad back - Look at Fournales. Pure air springing - Not a sports shock, though still way better than stock and most "low cost" alternatives.

Back