Best place to buy tires for a 07 Rocket

if you want to stick to a Bike tyre Go for the Brigdestone Excerda Max, you will not regret it going by those that have tried it or you can one of those crazy suicidal Mad men that run the dangerous Car tyre.... oh geez I guess I better book a head shrink!!!!:rolleyes:
seriously thu the Metz is a crap tyre and while the Avon Cobra apears to be OK in the dry it's wear is only slightl better than the metz, All the guys that have tried the Bridgestone rave about it

There's nothing wrong with the Metz, which Triumph had purpose built by the mfr., specifically for our monsters, 10 years ago and still equip R3s with today. The "problem" is either with the type of roads some folks ride on (the type that eat tires up very quickly) or, more commonly, with some folks riding styles (barhopping, burnout freaks) often combined with a lack of proper tire maintainance or a bad setup (altered geometry).

The Exedra Max is a better tire all around, IMO, except for running down the dragstrip (the Metz has a softer compound)!

To answer your question more directly, speedfreak, I have had good luck dealing with this company. Their cost for the Metzeler is about $100 more than is their cost on the B'tone:

Bridgestone Exedra Max Radial Rear Tire - Chaparral Motorsports You'll want the pricing on the 240/55-16

Phil,
I've noticed a noticeable restraint on your part since you logged back on after "Sandy".
Not too much in your face arrogance or being an a**hole.
Thank you, it's appreciated and serves you well.
You get your point across like you did above,
without all the B.S. we use to have to endure.
Again, thanks for the civility.....

There's nothing wrong with the Metz, which Triumph had purpose built by the mfr., specifically for our monsters, 10 years ago and still equip R3s with today. The "problem" is either with the type of roads some folks ride on (the type that eat tires up very quickly) or, more commonly, with some folks riding styles (barhopping, burnout freaks) often combined with a lack of proper tire maintainance or a bad setup (altered geometry).

Have to agree with u Phil i had always used the metz up until i tried the Exedra max on the back and Avon on the front . I just prefer the bridgy and avon combo as it seems to suit my riding style and i get more milage out of the bridgy .My only real gripe was the cupping of the front tire but i found them to be acceptable tires which served their purpose . I know plenty of guys that ride much harder than i that still use them

Only ever had 1 Metz on the front - went straight to Avon - but can't really say I had issues with Metz. It's just that I really like the Avon.

Different story on the back. Tried a couple of Metz and a couple of Avon before switching to the Bridgestone. Hanso pretty much summed it up. Metz seemed OK when new but didn't last, Avon is a great tyre in the dry and gave 50% better mileage than Metz but was a bit skittish in the wet. Bridgestone is simply better than both in all conditions by a big margin and gives double the mileage I got from Metz. Plus the higher profile is a bonus for a whole lot of reasons I've mentioned elsewhere.

Back