Best oil filter ?

Fred F.

Supercharged
Hi all, whats the scoop on oil filters. Is there a preferred one? Are there any to stay away from ? Are the Triumph ones any good ? As always any and all replies appreciated. Fred

Using PureOne myself.

Opinions vary, but I'd stay away from Fram, STP or any of the typical auto filters. Need a filter that will get the really tiny particles filtered. :D

I use hiflo-HF-204, made in England. Works good for me and the price is right. Have always heard that the pure one is about the best though

SidecarFlip said:
I put more credence in the oil than the filter myself. I even use the 2 for 10 buck filters that I have on the website. I cut one open as well as a K&N, laid them side by side and guess what? They are identical inside. Identical down to the pleats in the filter cartridge. Must have came from the same factory. Like mouthwash.... :shock:

When you sell 'em, you can cut 'em open and it don't hurt so bad. :lol:

I'm not saying that K&N isn't better or the Emgo is better, K&N does have a fancier case but I have a chromie cover anyway so I can care less.

I couldn't agree more. More and more stuff all made by same manufacturer. If they can't beat them they are buying out their competition.

I think there was a John Deere filter that cross referenced to the Triumph filter.

M806418 I think was the John Deere part number.

Maybe someone who sells filter and also has tractors would take them apart and see if they are indeed the same.

This is the thread I posted about it:

This is the JD filter:

m806418.jpg

I never did get around to trying it.

If you want to save a few bucks - why even bother changing the oils or filters :evil:

On the other hand, if you want the best for your bike get the originals and don't skimp... ask yourself - if your up for a blood transfusion and liver/kidney transplant - will any old second rate crap do? if so don't expect to see too many sunrises :roll:

Back