Best Jardine Header Wrap

HeR3tic

Living Legend
I've a pair of Jardine Headers that, shamefully, rusted under a tarp in a scorching hot shed for several years.

What is the best working and appearing header wrap, in lieu of re-chroming? Perhaps in time re-chroming will be re-considered.

Well there I go again, caught in my unawares. Really?

What do you suggest to begin with?

**** Jardines had been ceramic inner coating but they still blued badly near the jugs. It was a lean and richness issue. Very much like a dollar is today. Far too lean:eek:

What should I do to get them ready for a header wrap and prevent further rot.

Meanwhile, I'm attending to the lean issue.

Last edited:
header rust...

HeR3tic,

you might want to try some 'ospho' treatment in a spray bottle application , before you wrap your headers. I used this on a set of tri-y's prior to wrapping. lasted 2yr's before rewrapping same headers. no more rust.

p.s. apply silicone spray on header wrap after you wrap headers.

greg

Last edited:
My 2cents.....Pull the exhaust off the bike and use the 1" version of the wrap. I have wrapped mine twice. The first time I wrapped from the top down and I had devided 1 roll int thirds and wrapped each pipe an equal distance. It looked a little strange so after a few months I decided to redo it. I could not believe the amount of crap that was under the wrap. (Sorry about this next part Travelguy) I butchered Sam's work and took the pants protectors off and cleaned my pipes really well and sprayed them with VHT and wrapped them from the back to front (it does a much better job of keeping junk out and it is lasting much longer than the 1st go round.
Advice....Take your time and wrap it tight TIGHT.

Walleye I would like to see a picture of your preds wrapped. Does it help with the scorched pant legs? I considered wrapping my preds, but figured they would end up looking like the christmas presents I've wrapped!

Wayne

Back