best front tire ??

seeya

Supercharged
I've been running Metzlers on the front of the Rocket, been good but was wondering about the Avon, anybody run both of them to compare them?? what's the pros or cons???

I really like the Avon. I don't have much experience with the metzler it had almost 10,000 miles on it when I bought her and I change it at 12,500 miles.

I hope the Avon last that long.

My metzelers usually lasted about 8k for the rear and 12k for the front. I have Avon's on now and after 8k both tires look like they still have a lot of life in them. The Avon seems to ride and handle better too, in any case its going to be Avon's from now on.

My metzelers usually lasted about 8k for the rear and 12k for the front...in any case its going to be Avon's from now on.
The 8k rear and 12-13k front wear was my experience with the metzlers as well. I run a Dunlop Elite 3 on the front now. Its looking like 16-17k will be its end of life.

Avon

I'm ruinning the Avon...
Only about 1K. Really smooth. I always had a little hop at high speeds with the Metz even after balancing.
I'm going to put Equal balance in these tires in a week or so.
IMI - EQUAL
I've put it in thousands of truck tires and it really works. Trouble is they don't sell it in bags for MC. I'm going to their headquarters in PA to have it installed.
But...I really don't need it for vibration on the Avon. I'm hoping it will stop the river wear over the long haul that I got with two Metz.

I got a little over 7000mi on my front Metzler, 3500 on the back, so after two rear, I went the Darkside, Riken Raptor, and put an Avon Cobra on the front at the same time. I've got about 3500 on the pair, back is fine, but I'm watching the front, hoping I get at least 7k on it.
I like it, so I'm ordering another one.

Back