Bent shift fork

scuba1050

.020 Over
I had been having a problem with my 11 roadster hopping out of gear,so 2 weeks ago i tooh it into the shop.
Triumph told them to check the detend spring,well yesterday they called and that wasn`t it.
Today they called and said they tore the tranny apart and it a bent shift fork and will be about three more weeks.
The bike has about 6500 miles and is under warranty,they have to submit it to Triumph and there is no guarantee they will cover it.
Has anybody had this problem? Any idea what would cause it?
Any thoughts would be greatly appriciated.
On a side note they gave me a Ducati 900 s4 monster as a loaner,what a cool bike but i don`t think i could live with it long term,too small and quirky but a great sounding motor.

No personal experience here, but Triumph has been very good to a lot of people on here for repairs, even out of warranty. So I would surely expect them to cover a bike that is still covered.

On a side note they gave me a Ducati 900 s4 monster as a loaner,what a cool bike but i don`t think i could live with it long term,too small and quirky but a great sounding motor

Triumph will cover it you are still under warranty on a side note I would be telling them to take as long as they want and ride the hell out of that Ducati:D

They called today and Triumph is covering the work,and it should be another 2 weeks or so.
As for the shifter its a standard toe shifter like the Ducati.
I've had the Ducati for 2 weeks and ridden it about 1000 miles,it is a blast,i'm thinking of buying it and hanging it off the back of the rocket as a dingy.

Good news, scuba. I asked about the shifter array because some people have a tendency to really mash on the hell shifter and the Rivco H/T shifter was super sloppy, putting a lot of undue stress and strain on both the shifter linkage and other components that connect to that set up. I put the stock shifter back on mine recently and I am much happier with it and how much more positively it gets you up and down through the gears.;)

Back