Before you purchased the Rocket was a Guzzi California considered?

C908

.020 Over
Ride
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
In all of my research the only other bike besides the Rocket that has sparked my interest is the Moto Guzzi California Tourer. I was wondering if any of you Rocket owners ever considered the California model? I was watching a video last night and it mentioned the torque on the California was similar to the Rocket. The horsepower rating is close to 100 and the bike weighs just a little over 700 lbs. It would be great to hear comments from those of you that have ridden both the California and the Rocket. Thanks

In all of my research the only other bike besides the Rocket that has sparked my interest is the Moto Guzzi California Tourer. I was wondering if any of you Rocket owners ever considered the California model? I was watching a video last night and it mentioned the torque on the California was similar to the Rocket. The horsepower rating is close to 100 and the bike weighs just a little over 700 lbs. It would be great to hear comments from those of you that have ridden both the California and the Rocket. Thanks
NOT a contest 96HP -88 trq at the crank and 815lbs wet

I actually quite like the look of them - or maybe it's just that they're different. I know they go OK too; just can't wear ridiculous claims about imaginary output figures.

Nope seen the Rocket and drooled over it for a few months and when the right time came (the Ole Lady was out of the state :)) I bought the classic :D

Heck two weeks after I got it she noticed I painted my bike a different color!!!! That was great until my son informed her it was actually a new bike :(

I rode one and thought it was just OK but no match for a Rocket we have one that rides with us and it is an odd bike
It's not supposed to be a match for a Rocket. But I KNOW that if I have to tour the Alps or Pyrenees - The Guzzi WILL get there first. I have a mate with one - I'd not trade my R3 for it - but no denying that in curves it is far nimbler.

It is ODD though. I am in particular not fond of their balance stood still - I've been riding Guzzis for as long as it sensible to recall - but the new Cali does not float my boat. If I was buying a Guzzi now - I'd get a Norge.

Back