Becker stand upgrade.

barbagris

Mad Scientist
Ride
1979 Guzzi V1000G5 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke
The Rangier-Adapter-Set fitted. I opted for the upgraded wheels too. These lock both wheel and the pivot independently.

More stable as itś quite a bit wider footprint - but takes a little more effort to lift.

Beckerwithrollersmall.JPG

With the wheels unlocked you can move it all about really easily.

The Rangier-Adapter-Set fitted. I opted for the upgraded wheels too. These lock both wheel and the pivot independently.

More stable as itś quite a bit wider footprint - but takes a little more effort to lift.

Beckerwithrollersmall.JPG

With the wheels unlocked you can move it all about really easily.

I'm so jealous; I cannot find a way to get one of those Becker stands. I'm in the US and Becker won't ship over here; Stein-Dinse does not offer it either :(

@Choche Complete your profile, and I'll share how you too can get one -- not inexpensive, just so you know. And if you check around the site, you'll find plenty of creative alternatives closer than Germany.

@Choche Complete your profile, and I'll share how you too can get one -- not inexpensive, just so you know. And if you check around the site, you'll find plenty of creative alternatives closer than Germany.

I just did; I added my location and my ride was already there.

BINGO

So, I have the same Becker arrangement as above, and worked in two steps.

The trick is, the German company is afraid of US liability laws -- (you end up injured and your wife hires a lawyer to go after them).

Other countries not so much -- they say, "Phooey on your liability laws -- if you're that inept with mechanical devices, you deserve them".

So I ordered my stand from a place in the UK.

Later, a member on this site in Europe ordered the wheels and forwarded a set to me.

PRESTO !

And, as I mentioned, there are other stands - sometimes available used. There is the JBQ adapter which bolts on the bottom of the bike and provides a flat surface to use a standard motorcycle jack. And there are home-grown varieties.

All have their pluses and minuses. The Becker for example has a serious design flaw. The design is intended to be adaptable to multiple bikes, and as such, there is a width adjustment, and that is the flaw. The Rocket is so heavy, that the width adjustment will not hold, causing the lift to sag in the middle. This is less of a problem for the base unit, but with the wider stance of the added wheels, the inside parts are on the floor, totally defeating the advantage of the wheels. On the other hand, the design includes a clever safety feature with capture pins that are inserted when the lift is up, and virtually ensures it cannot accidently be lowered.

If you're really interested, PM me, and we can chat.

Good luck, and WELCOME !

Back