Bearclaw Question

NCJack

.020 Over
Ride
2013 Triumph Rocket iii Roadster
I have a new-to-me 2013 R3R that I recently purchased without the bearclaw. I ordered an OEM replacement bearclaw, and the front mounting bracket on the bearclaw doesn't match up to screw hole placement on the front underside of the tank. I wonder if my bike could be missing a front mounting bracket on the underside of the tank? Any advice? (Sorry if this question is dealt with in another thread; still new to the forum.)

Thanks!

I have a new-to-me 2013 R3R that I recently purchased without the bearclaw. I ordered an OEM replacement bearclaw, and the front mounting bracket on the bearclaw doesn't match up to screw hole placement on the front underside of the tank. I wonder if my bike could be missing a front mounting bracket on the underside of the tank? Any advice? (Sorry if this question is dealt with in another thread; still new to the forum.)

Thanks!

My guess is your fine. There's kinda of a little trick to get the bear claw on and lined up with the 2 end screws. Since you haven't seen it on, my guess is you're not setting it behind the center stand-off quite right. Even when you do get it right, it takes a little umpf to line everything up right. Maybe take a good look at another one somewhere or just have the dealer show you. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Make sure you did not get a bearclaw for the Touring, they are different.

there is small moveable/adjustable/removable bracket on the underside of tank front and back are they still there? as mentioned by @Rocket3Pilot it is tricky to line up

there is small moveable/adjustable/removable bracket on the underside of tank front and back are they still there? as mentioned by @Rocket3Pilot it is tricky to line up
This is what made me think a bracket is missing. The back one is in place and fits perfectly. The screw hole on the front end of the tank seems to be missing a bracket that would align with the bracket placement on the bearclaw. I'm not even sure how to identify it for purposes of attempting to order a replacement, but I'm going to pursue this option further. Thanks!

if you tell dealer what it is he should be able to bring up picture of it with part #, when you get it just fit firm not tight till you work out right angle for it to sit at, do the bearclaw bolts up a couple of turns then align the the rubber insert on back of claw with bracket in middle of tank hold it there while tightening up bolts

The hole that the bolt screws in is one of those silly spring steel kinds, that clips onto the bracket. It moves around a bit when nothing is screwed into it, so you do have to see that it is lined up. If you have the rearmost spike in the hole, but miss the spike in the middle, the bolt hole will never line up with the bracket. It takes practice to line that puppy up! At least that works for the r3t. The R3R is surely equally perplexing.

if you tell dealer what it is he should be able to bring up picture of it with part #, when you get it just fit firm not tight till you work out right angle for it to sit at, do the bearclaw bolts up a couple of turns then align the the rubber insert on back of claw with bracket in middle of tank hold it there while tightening up bolts
Thanks again! I'll visit my dealer.

The hole that the bolt screws in is one of those silly spring steel kinds, that clips onto the bracket. It moves around a bit when nothing is screwed into it, so you do have to see that it is lined up. If you have the rearmost spike in the hole, but miss the spike in the middle, the bolt hole will never line up with the bracket. It takes practice to line that puppy up! At least that works for the r3t. The R3R is surely equally perplexing.
Thanks!

Back