Be vigilant, be safe

That is horrible. Just about every weekend there is a report on the news about a fatal motorcycle accident in Eastern Oklahoma. Wife's daughter and her husband are attending a memorial run today for a friend lost in an accident last week. Every day i see motorcyclist on the road that for one reason or the other just don't seem to pay much attention to their surrounding's or current traffic conditions. Either they have never experienced an accident or just do not know any better. Some i believe just think it can't happen to them. 99% of us on here know better than that. RIDE SAFE.

It happens every year before, after or during Sturgis.

Years ago Elcanaco and I were riding from Albuquerque, NM to my home in Washington. Somewhere near Flagstaff, on a very lightly trafficed road, I pulled over to take a picture with he also pulling over. While there he chided me for doing so, reminding me how dangerous it is to pull off the road. He was absolutely right. Cars/trucks get target fixation and plow into cars/pedestrians and bikers that have pulled over. It's just a dangerous thing to do and sadly these ladies paid with their lives. How very tragic and entirely preventable.

All the above are true. Near here but in South Carolina it seems as though there are a lot of fatal motorcycle crashes.

South Carolina had the craziest, least courteous drivers I encountered anywhere when I was through there. Passing a semi at 90 mph I had some idiot in a pickup full off lawn debris 5 feet off my tail light enraged because I was in his way.

This just in.......two people on a bike in Spartanburg killed today when an SUV crossed the centerline. Passenger on bike was thrown off the bike and bridge into the river. Operator and passenger dead.

This just in.......two people on a bike in Spartanburg killed today when an SUV crossed the centerline. Passenger on bike was thrown off the bike and bridge into the river. Operator and passenger dead.
Just seeing this Glen..... a 77 year old in a SUV crossed the center line and hit them! Knocked one of then off the road into the Tyger River! I'm scared to ride my wife , Judy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back