Battery Maintainer and Battery Disconnect Issues?

Protonhound

.060 Over
Ride
2023 Rocket 3R
As I am preparing for the arrival of my 2024 3R in April one of the potential problems I have read about in this forum is strange behavior after disconnecting the battery. This is one of the first things I plan on doing to install a Thunder Box and pigtail for my 1.25A Battery Tender that I'm using on my current bike. One rider talked about the quick shifter not working until he went through a reset sequence which he kindly detailed and then there seems to be a potential issue with tunes (other than Penner) affecting the quick shifter as well. Another mentioned the maintenance wrench light acting up until squashed with tuneecu. I find it somewhat mind boggling that in 2024 such nuisances still exist.
The other issue is with the official Triumph Optimate maintainer itself, if someone can come up with a reasonable explanation of why I would have to buy another maintainer then please share.
I spend a lot of time reading posts here and am grateful for all the knowledge shared. I've learned a lot already.

As I am preparing for the arrival of my 2024 3R in April one of the potential problems I have read about in this forum is strange behavior after disconnecting the battery. This is one of the first things I plan on doing to install a Thunder Box and pigtail for my 1.25A Battery Tender that I'm using on my current bike. One rider talked about the quick shifter not working until he went through a reset sequence which he kindly detailed and then there seems to be a potential issue with tunes (other than Penner) affecting the quick shifter as well. Another mentioned the maintenance wrench light acting up until squashed with tuneecu. I find it somewhat mind boggling that in 2024 such nuisances still exist.
The other issue is with the official Triumph Optimate maintainer itself, if someone can come up with a reasonable explanation of why I would have to buy another maintainer then please share.
I spend a lot of time reading posts here and am grateful for all the knowledge shared. I've learned a lot already.
I read that the Triumph charger is the Optimate 3+. It should connect directly to the battery no problem.

I use a C-TEK maintainer/charger, and have done for many years. I've got two sizes that I use on different capacity ranges.
My smaller one is used foe stuff like car and bike batteries and my big one is for my boat batteries etc...

They have made my batteries last extremely well and they are easy to use and are safe.

MXS 5.0 TEST&CHARGE UK

When I have an idea sometimes they are brilliant and sometimes they are not.
Ok so what i would do if I was worried
Hook up the battery tender to the cables or cigarette lighter or ect that way the bike will have the power to save ecu memory.
They do this to save the radio channels.
A lot of mechanics do.this.
Hth

When I have an idea sometimes they are brilliant and sometimes they are not.
Ok so what i would do if I was worried
Hook up the battery tender to the cables or cigarette lighter or ect that way the bike will have the power to save ecu memory.
They do this to save the radio channels.
A lot of mechanics do.this.
Hth
That would definitely be a brilliant idea, thanks!
I already have a Battery Tender brand maintainer that I use when the bike sits in the garage for a few days occasionally even though it probably doesn't need it because I'm on it most of the time. Since Triumph has their own branded device I was curious if they had locked up the system so it only works with their unit but from the responses above I gather they haven't done that.

Back