Barnett Clutch Install - To Jutter or Not to Jutter, that is the question

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
I'm starting in on a Lush cam and piston install on my '11 Roadster and would appreciate advice from anyone with experience installing a Barnett clutch. I've come across posts where some say to leave out the stock anti-judder seat washer and spring, which is not part of the Barnett kit.

@cootertwo did it that way, but said it caused the clutch to judder.

Seems like a lot of you guys have installed Barnett clutches- what do you recommend? Thanks

Update- came across another post about leaving out anti-judder seat washer and spring, but it was for MTC Fibers, not Barnett.

Last edited:
I found a video here where Benny Kimchi shows the install of the Barnett Clutch, including the anti-judder spring.

As he says, "I'll give it a go...."

Update: OK, I kept the anti-judder parts and just replaced the stock plates with the Barnett replacements. I all fit together just fine and bolted up smoothly. I was a little unsure after seeing some conflicting posts, but I feel pretty confident that keeping those stock parts in is the correct move. Once I have the Lush parts installed and get a good test ride in I'll update IF there is an issue.

Last edited:
I am just about to install mine and the slip of paper in the box says one of the plates has a larger diameter hole to fit the original spring so clearly it is Barnetts intention that you do install it, I will be.

I am just about to install mine and the slip of paper in the box says one of the plates has a larger diameter hole to fit the original spring so clearly it is Barnetts intention that you do install it, I will be.

That is true. That ring is the one that goes against the anti-judder "stuff." I could be that earlier Barnett kits did not have that ring with the large I.D. and that's what caused some other members problems in earlier posts, or they simply didn't notice. The ring also has a little different color that helps to set it off. Agreed (for now), keep the anti-judder as it was.

Thanks for chiming in. Mine is installed now and I'm feeling pretty confident it was done correctly.

Anti judder parts reinstalled after replacing clutch with barnett kit. No issues. Did have ring with larger I.D. in kit. Good time to go in with Samco hoses.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes since the kit has the large ID fiber use the anti judder spring and seat.

Back