JLoss

.020 Over
Some of us experience noticeable vibration above a certain speed. I became aware of a product called Bar Snake, which is a cylindrical polymer that is pulled through the handlebars and which absorbs the vibrations given off the bars from the engine.

Has anyone used this product on the R3T? If so, were you able to use the cylindrical product or the liquid product? (The liquid product is for use with handlebars that have kinks, bends, or wires and cables running through them.)

I took the bar ends off my 2008 R3T and don't see how you can use the cylindrical product. All I see is a small hole with threads for securing the bar ends. So I ordered the liquid product. Should get it in a few days. I plan on tipping the right bar up, leaving the left as is and pouring the liquid product into the small hole in the right bar. Has anyone done this?

Any tips would be appreciated. And if your bike doesn't vibrate, great. But mine does and I want to reduce it.

We will let you be the first!! So give us a complete and full report to base our decisions on. And thank you for electing to be the guinea pig. Not to many people do!!!:eek:

mutt

If the handlebar on the R3T is like the handlebar on the R3Standard, the liquid won't work because the bar has holes in it for the zip tie tits that hold the wiring in place. You could install my Billet Aluminum Hanclebar wiring clamps and eliminate the holes.....??

Another trick, much cheaper than a bar snake is to fill the handlebars with BB's or lead shot (like No.8). Does the same thing (changes the harmonics of the bars and eliminates the vibration) for much less money and hassle (the shot/BB's will fit past the weldment that attaches the bar end to the handlebar).

Holes are no problem...

I knew about the holes before I ordered. I plan on plugging them temporarily with clear caulking, and then remove the cauking. No thanks on the BBs.

By my calender its been 10 days since you posted about the bar snake. Have you installed yet, and if so hows is worked out?

I too have the same problem with the vibration, numbs up my right hand almost immediately forthe 1st hour or so. I am very interested how this works out.

Let me/us know

Tom

They do make heavier bar ends that do the same thing to some degree. Sport bike guys use them all the time.

By my calender its been 10 days since you posted about the bar snake. Have you installed yet, and if so hows is worked out?

I too have the same problem with the vibration, numbs up my right hand almost immediately forthe 1st hour or so. I am very interested how this works out.

Let me/us know

Tom

Will do. The liquid barsnake is supposed to arrive next week.

Barsnake Works!

I just completed adding liquid Barsnake to my R3T's handlebars. I then took it for a test ride. This stuff works great! It feels as if 80-90% of the vibrations in the bars have been eliminated. The bike is so much more of a pleasure to ride now.

I couldn't post any pictures because of a website problem and notified the webmaster. As soon as I can post some photos I'll describe the process required to prepare the handlebars for the application of the Barsnake product.

Handlebar vibration?!?!? What's that? Guess I'm used to riding a Hardley. No kidding. I think mine are smooth as glass. I'd be checking on what is causing the vibration instead of making it tolerable?

Back