Bar backs for 2014 R3 help or not.

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
I have a 2014 R3 Touring. Have not had this one that long. I am 6' 3" tall . and either the bars are shorter than the 06 I had or maybe , it is in my head. The bike rides like a dream on the highways. My problem comes in the tight turns or say doing a U-turn. My arm will be extended to the max, and I still have to lean forward to turn the wheel into the stops for a U-turn. Tried to adjust the bars but no luck.
My solution is to check if the handlebars were changed by the original owner. Or install a pair of handlebar risers/ setbacks ( 2"). Has anyone had any luck with theses risers.
Thanks in advance
Russ in OKC

Yes on the risers and classic bars have worked better for some touring guys. Thunderbird risers fit you have to move to lift tank and rivco for touring work and you dont have to move to raise tank. If you go with thunderbird risers @VABird may have some spacers to add so tank can be lifted without moving bars.

Last edited:
Yes on the risers and classic bars have worked better for some touring guys. Thunderbird risers fit you have to move to lift tank and rivco for touring work and you dont have to move to raise tank. If you go with thunderbird risers @VABird may have some spacers to add so tank can be lifted without moving bars.
Thanks. I am looking at 2" risers.

fitment can be an issue if thread size is not correct, some have bought harley stuff that didn’t fit.

i believe Rivco make a set for the rocket, i had ordered a set for my touring, but then realized that the previous owner had already installed them, so i used them on my Harley, i found their 2" riser was perfect for me

I have a 2014 R3 Touring. Have not had this one that long. I am 6' 3" tall . and either the bars are shorter than the 06 I had or maybe , it is in my head. The bike rides like a dream on the highways. My problem comes in the tight turns or say doing a U-turn. My arm will be extended to the max, and I still have to lean forward to turn the wheel into the stops for a U-turn. Tried to adjust the bars but no luck.
My solution is to check if the handlebars were changed by the original owner. Or install a pair of handlebar risers/ setbacks ( 2"). Has anyone had any luck with theses risers.
Thanks in advance
Russ in OKC
The Rivco risers made a world of difference for me. Bob R helped me install them as he lived pretty close to me at the time. He has very detailed installation instructions on the top of the R3Touring page.

i believe Rivco make a set for the rocket, i had ordered a set for my touring, but then realized that the previous owner had already installed them, so i used them on my Harley, i found their 2" riser was perfect for me
Thanks for the suggestion I checked with Rivco. They do not make them for the touring model. Found some made by Rox. Have used them on my Vstrom.

The Rivco risers made a world of difference for me. Bob R helped me install them as he lived pretty close to me at the time. He has very detailed installation instructions on the top of the R3Touring page.
Thanks for the suggestion I checked with Rivco. They do not make them for the touring model. Found some made by Rox. Have used them on my Vstrom.

They must have discontinued them for the Touring. Sometimes they show up on eBay or the classifieds here. I don't have any personal knowledge about the Rox risers. Hope you find something that works for you.

Back