Baldwin Blessing of the Bikes

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
Here's a couple pics from the Blessing of the Bikes here in Baldwin Michigan.
Blessing 2015 (1).jpg

From left, Martin (Jabol on R3.net) Tammie Bixler, Kip Smith and yours truly.

Blessing 2015 (2).jpg

Our bikes, Martins, Kips and mine.

Blessing 2015 (3).jpg

Our Ladies !

Blessing 2015 (4).jpg

Someone else's lady (WHO HOO !)

Seen a Purple Rocket there but didn't see the owner. Also a couple tourings, again no owners. Was overcast on and off throughout the day but warm and dry. A good time was had by most. Saw two accidents on the way in. A Harley trike left the road and endo'd . A block later saw a guy lying in the road by what looked like a Honda Interceptor. Not sure what caused either. Harley guy was sitting up.

Last edited:
Great lookin Rockets! I really like the look of the head lamps with the addition of that visor like thingy. I might have to look at adding that to mine. Looks like a great time.

Chaps look good on the females look real funny on the males, by the way WTF is a blessing of the bikes:confused:

It's where a bunch of motorcycles meet at the airport in Baldwin Michigan and get their bikes blessed by a Baptist Minister. This is the 42nd annual. The have little awards for who traveled the farthest to get there, oldest rider, youngest rider etc. They have venders and food closer to town. Used to just be a Sunday thing, but now it's become a three day (beer party) event. I've only missed it a few times in the 40 years I've been riding.

Back