Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
Hi Folks:
I use to have a 05 touring. Loved the bike but the people before me got their hands into things they should not have, plus it had a bunch of first-year bugs. When it was working it was a pure pleasure. Long Sad story. Anyhow, I have a couple of other bikes ( Indian Chieftan & Vdtrom 650). Anyhow, I have been nosing around since the new models were released last year. Our dealer in OKC has sold a bunch. Yesterday I came across a 2014 Touring model. The dealer bought it off an older man who decided it was his time to get off the bikes.
Now my question. It is 2014 the new bike bugs should have worked out by now. Is there anything I need to check out before I take out on a long haul? Would rather address it here than on the side of the road.
Thanks in Advance
Russ in OKC

Loved the bike but the people before me got their hands into things they should not have, plus it had a bunch of first-year bugs.

Think you nailed it here. Triumph had them well and truly sorted by 2014 so it pretty much depends on what’s happened to it over it’s 6 year life.

I forgot to mention the bike has 3200 miles on it. An older man decided that it was time to retire from motorcycles.

I decided to get the bike. Good deal that I would regret passing up later. I will pick it up Thursday. Need to find the address of the company in Japan making the relay harness for the ignition switch.

Back