Bad news - Good news

Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
The bad news is: After 43,000 miles and 25 months my clutch started making a chattering noise. The good news: Even though it was one month out of warranty Triumph has agreed to pay for the entire repair (apparently something wasn't installed properly at the factory so it caused premature wear). Bad news: Waiting on parts so I dont have a scoot!! I will endure, lol.

Well that's definitely cause for a mixed emotion... but at least it won't hit your pocket book. Nice to see your getting some mileage in... :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

An indain brave came riding into camp and up the chief's teepee he said i have bad news and good news. The chief said give me the bad news. The brave said there are 4000 black people camped down on the river. Chief what is the good news so the brave said
They taste like Buffalo

I am unfamiliar with the Barnett clutch kit. I will do some investigating. Thanks much.
I put the Barnett clutch kit in many of my bikes. They work very well. They run about $235 on line. You get fiber plates, steel plates and 5 clutch springs. The springs are a little stronger that the stock triumph.

The bad news is: After 43,000 miles and 25 months my clutch started making a chattering noise. The good news: Even though it was one month out of warranty Triumph has agreed to pay for the entire repair (apparently something wasn't installed properly at the factory so it caused premature wear). Bad news: Waiting on parts so I dont have a scoot!! I will endure, lol.
You are so lucky. My clutch went after a month or two and Triumph blamed wear and tear and said I was probably doing burnouts with TC on and outright refused to acknowledge any fault. I had to pay the $2000AUD ($1500USD) to get it fixed. At the time, there were no better clutch options I was told than the stock one.
The story is on this forum.

I am unfamiliar with the Barnett clutch kit. I will do some investigating. Thanks much.
I looked on their website and couldnt find
That's why I have a choice of rides. When my Bobber was waiting on the fork emulators I rode the T-120 (and got my RD-350 back from the Chop Shop in running order).
I am looking for a back up scooter as we speak. This is the first time the Rocket hasn’t been available and I am not handling it well, lol.

I put the Barnett clutch kit in many of my bikes. They work very well. They run about $235 on line. You get fiber plates, steel plates and 5 clutch springs. The springs are a little stronger that the stock triumph.
I looked on their website but it looks like they only have parts up to 2017 model Rockets.

Back