bad news everyone

hegels

Supercharged
It looks like I am going to have to hold off on buying the r3 roadster that I was going to buy this month. I am just not ready to pay 25k for a bike, not when I can get my other love (2010 golf tdi 2dr 6spd) for about 2k more. granted the bike cost is post tax and the car is not but regardless i am not willing to shell out that kind of cash for a bike just yet. perhaps i'll pick up a gently used r3 standard or just fix my dual sport till I can afford the roadster.

I really like the group here so dont mind me if I chime in from time to time :)

later,
Steve

$25k?!?! Is that what the Roadster is going for? Surely that won't last long. In this market bikes have to be priced to move. Motorcycles are considered a luxury item and those aren't flying out the door - I'll find out what my local dealer is selling them for tomorrow. Flying down to Houston and riding back up to WA would make a nice road trip anyway...

$25k?!?! Is that what the Roadster is going for? Surely that won't last long. In this market bikes have to be priced to move. Motorcycles are considered a luxury item and those aren't flying out the door - I'll find out what my local dealer is selling them for tomorrow. Flying down to Houston and riding back up to WA would make a nice road trip anyway...
well 18k plus freight and setup then tax then interest for 6 years plus not having any credit(not bad credit just no credit) and yeah if you feel like asking next time your at the dealer that would be interesting to see what they are going for there and possibly flying down and riding back like you suggested :)

unless I'm missing something, won't all those interest markups and fees make that VW total cost be a lot more than $27K?

You can always double up on payments once in a while and knock that interest way down.

Just curious...

Quite a few riders on the .com site have been told by the dealer that the price is $13999 plus all the misc bull **** that they add. It sounds like your stealership is trying to rip you offffffffffffffffffff.
Plus one of them could have locked that price in with a down payment, you have to shop around, for us original Rocket owners from the beginning will remember the big price difference across the States.
No Roadster is worth $18000 no bloody Triumph is worth $18000. Do not add the interest rate to the bike save up and pay cash that way you have 0% interest.
Nice car by the way.:D

If the cost of the bike is that much with no credit to speak of (lotta interest there), then that "2K" more for the VW is going to push that price in excess of 32-34K with that same interest.

I am not trying to scare you off of the car, just don't be surprised when the "sledgehammer" comes down at the showroom....used to sell cars...don't ask me how I know.

Dennis

In KAF
3 dtg Dubai
4 dtg Home

$25,000 big ones for a bike. It better have wings and Autopilot for that kind of cash.

I just paid $7500 + $600 shipping for my 2005 Rocket III with 6000 mi on it. Had all the performance upgrades plus the factory recall updates etc.. Essentially the guy broke the bike in for me and bought all the crap that I would have. :D

No way is that Roadster worth 3x my bike. I'm willing to bet I can easily keep up with that roadster on my 2005 as it sits from the factory. After some tweaks probably not, but for that kind of cash who is going to go out and spend more money while your still bleeding heavy from the first blow. Maybe some of you big money lawyers on the site...

Here is my suggestion for you:

Spend $10,000 on a late 2000's RIII used with low miles and upgrades already done and then go spend $15,000 on the used sports car you want and now you have two bad ass new (to you) toys. Doesn't that make much more sense

Just Purchased

I just purchased a R3 Roadster. The price was $13,999 plus NY sales tax. Dealer took off the $499 freight chg. Of course I can always add on accesories.

Roadster

It looks like I am going to have to hold off on buying the r3 roadster that I was going to buy this month. I am just not ready to pay 25k for a bike, not when I can get my other love (2010 golf tdi 2dr 6spd) for about 2k more. granted the bike cost is post tax and the car is not but regardless i am not willing to shell out that kind of cash for a bike just yet. perhaps i'll pick up a gently used r3 standard or just fix my dual sport till I can afford the roadster.

I really like the group here so dont mind me if I chime in from time to time :)

later,
Steve
YOU can buy one here for 13,900 ?

Buy both used and save more than just buying one of them. This thread isn't really bad news. You're just deciding on a car vs. a bike. Bad news would be that you've lost your job and can't get a bike.

Back