Want to Buy Backrest riders seat

r3badboy

Supercharged
Ride
06 Rocket 3 & all years parts built R3 & 06 flood
Howdy guys, I've been given a riders backrest & would like to buy a single seat to suit if anyone would have one for sale?
I am located in New Zealand.
Cheers

Attachments

• 20220731_162136.jpg
    20220731_162136.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 2
Howdy guys, I've been given a riders backrest & would like to buy a single seat to suit if anyone would have one for sale?
I am located in New Zealand.
Cheers
You lucky boy!

What model Rocket III and year do you have? Dual or single headlight?
There was never a Solo Rider's seat for the riders backrest for the dual headlight models, they ONLY fit dual seats withthe mounting hole that can be literally plugged with a factory supplied rubber bung when the backrest is not fitted. They are actually the most comfortable Rocket III seats available.
The Rocket III Touring single headlight models have BOTH Solo Rider and Dual seat versions that accept the rider's backrest.
Triumph Thunderbirds use the same backrest but their Solo Riders bucket will NOT fit the dual headlihght Rocket IIIs either.
I have sold quite a few of all types but only have the dual seat versions at the moment for both the Dual and Single headlight Rocket IIIs.
The last NOS Solo and Comfort Pillion seat for Rocket III Tourings I saw for sale online this year was in Quebec, Canada and sold for about US$600 to someone wanting one that I told about it.

They come in 2 or 3 slight colour variations from slightly grey to gloss black and there are 2different vinyl textures too. Perfections can see the difference but most don't notice.
Confusingly there are more part numbers for the seats than there are seats as they changed them and when the original RIII Touring dual version was ceased manufacture they sold the Solo Riders Bucket and the separate Comfort pillion together as the Dual seat replacement... confusion abounds especially when folks erroneously throw the Thunderbird seats into the mix without knowing they don't fit Rocket IIIs.
I have posted the details and part numbers a few times over the years here on the forum so if you search for rider's backrest posted by me you should find a lot more photos and part numbers.

Last edited:
You lucky boy!

There was never a Solo Rider's seat for the riders backrest for the dual headlight models, they ONLY fit dual seats withthe mounting hole that can be literally plugged with a factory supplied rubber bung when the backrest is not fitted. They are actually the most comfortable Rocket III seats available.
The Rocket III Touring single headlight models have BOTH Solo Rider and Dual seat versions that accept the rider's backrest.
Triumph Thunderbirds use the same backrest but their Solo Riders bucket will NOT fit the dual headlihght Rocket IIIs either.
I have sold quite a few of all types but only have the dual seat versions at the moment for both the Dual and Single headlight Rocket IIIs.
The last NOS Solo and Comfort Pillion seat for Rocket III Tourings I saw for sale online this year was in Quebec, Canada and sold for about US$600 to someone wanting one that I told about it.

They come in 2 or 3 slight colour variations from slightly grey to gloss black and there are 2different vinyl textures too. Perfections can see the difference but most don't notice.
Confusingly there are more part numbers for the seats than there are seats as they changed them and when the original RIII Touring dual version was ceased manufacture they sold the Solo Riders Bucket and the separate Comfort pillion together as the Dual seat replacement... confusion abounds especially when folks erroneously throw the Thunderbird seats into trhe mix without knowing they don't fit REocket IIIs.

TheI have posted the details and part numbers a few times over the years here on the forum so if you search for rider's backrest posted by me you should find a lot more photos and part numbers.

You lucky boy!

Confusingly there are more part numbers for the seats than there are seats as they changed them and when the original RIII Touring dual version was ceased manufacture they sold the Solo Riders Bucket and the separate Comfort pillion together as the Dual seat replacement... confusion abounds especially when folks erroneously throw the Thunderbird seats into trhe mix without knowing they don't fit REocket IIIs.

TheI have posted the details and part numbers a few times over the years here on the forum so if you search for rider's backrest posted by me you should find a lot more photos and part numbers.
T
If you can fabricate I have a custom made bracket to suit the stock Roadster Solo riders seat that you can copy.

R3 riders backrest custom solo 1.jpg
R3 riders backrest custom solo 2.jpg
R3 riders backrest custom solo 3.jpg
R3 riders backrest custom solo 4.jpg
Hey thanks for the info Ishrub 👍 I have an 06 standard & 09 classic. I don't mind the dual seat & if one comes along at right price with mounting bracket as well I might consider that. Thanks for the pic's of the custom made bracket, I might go down that route. As the backrest was given to me I have no hurry at all to make something happen & mite even consider on selling it some day.
Did you say you have a double seat for sale?
Cheers.

I bought a riders backrest from NZ early this year and to save p[ostage just had him send the backrest as I had seats here already. I think he has since resold it, but I can send you my dual headlight dual seat to suit now that I have the custom bracket for my Roadster and can use my riders backrest on my Rocket III Touring dual seat as well, $350 posted to NZ from Oz should cover it if you want my Dual Headlight Rocket III dual seat for your backrest.
For dual headlight models only... (the Touring was just an accessory name before the later RIII Touring model was released.
1659467793195.png

CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164
For use with Adjustable Rider Backrest A9708160
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST A9708160

For single headlight Rocket III Touring
1659468068223.png

LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158

1659468163171.png

BUCKET SOLO SEAT A9708162

1659468307518.png

COMFORT PILLION SEAT A9708163

T

Hey thanks for the info Ishrub 👍 I have an 06 standard & 09 classic. I don't mind the dual seat & if one comes along at right price with mounting bracket as well I might consider that. Thanks for the pic's of the custom made bracket, I might go down that route. As the backrest was given to me I have no hurry at all to make something happen & mite even consider on selling it some day.
Did you say you have a double seat for sale?
Cheers.
Yeah I have a double seat for sale $350 delivered to NZ or am happy to buy your backrest too.

I bought a riders backrest from NZ early this year and to save p[ostage just had him send the backrest as I had seats here already. I think he has since resold it, but I can send you my dual headlight dual seat to suit now that I have the custom bracket for my Roadster and can use my riders backrest on my Rocket III Touring dual seat as well, $350 posted to NZ from Oz should cover it if you want my Dual Headlight Rocket III dual seat for your backrest.
For dual headlight models only... (the Touring was just an accessory name before the later RIII Touring model was released.
1659467793195.png

CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164
For use with Adjustable Rider Backrest A9708160
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST A9708160

For single headlight Rocket III Touring
1659468068223.png

LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209

1659468163171.png

BUCKET SOLO SEAT A9708162

1659468307518.png

COMFORT PILLION SEAT A9708163
Hey that sounds good to me mate 👍 If you could send details & (photo's) to ggrock3@gmail.com & I could pay with PayPal if that suits...
Cheers

Hey that sounds good to me mate 👍 If you could send details & (photo's) to ggrock3@gmail.com & I could pay with PayPal if that suits...
Cheers
No worries I'll dig it out of the shed today and take some pics.
Paypal as Send as a friend is good in Aussie$ is best or add 3.2% as a commercial transaction in Aussie$ to cover fees.
I have my R3Touring one fitted with the backrest at the moment and if I use it on the Roadster I'll use the custom bracket and Russell Daylong Solo.

Back