Backrest Adjustment

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
Recently bought a '08 Touring model and it came with virtually every accessory available at that time when new, including a rider's backrest. Is there a way to adjust the backrest.? It would be better for me if it could be moved back a couple inches. As it is my ****** is forced up against the tail end of the gas tank and gives me no wiggle room. Removing it is not an option, my back needs it.

Just noticed in the picture of the mechanism at the base it looks like a nut that can turn and it has numbers on it.......I see #3 at the top and a #2 lower down on one side of the nut and the #4 on the other side. I guess I can play with that to see what happens....?
backrest 1.jpg
backrest 2.jpg
backrest 3.jpg

You SCORED!!! WELCOME! Yes, I have that backrest and it is indeed adjustable by pushing the the backrest forward and turning the nut ...and it is AWESOME!
-MIG

Yes you have nutted it out, 6 position back and forth AND there is also an Allen head bolt height adjuster on the sliding stem/post.
Nice 1st series R3T, same Jet Black with Silver pin stripes color as my R3T.
I have a couple of the rider's backrests still in the US and another here in Oz if anyone is hunting for one.
I also have brand new or used matching seats both the original R3T Longhaul Dual you have and the R3T Solo rider's version with or without the matching separate 'Comfort' pillion. Besides a slight vinyl color variation they are identical to the R3 Std/Classic/Roadster version which I have brand new with riders backrest too.

I'm sure I can supply you more R3T discontinued chrome bling too if your not afraid of glare! ;) :whitstling::roll::roll:

1600904475829.png

[
You SCORED!!! WELCOME! Yes, I have that backrest and it is indeed adjustable by pushing the the backrest forward and turning the nut ...and it is AWESOME!
-MIG
The wheel/nut gizmo was frozen solid but after soaking in silicone lubricant the wheel with the numbers turns freely. Turning it to numeral 1 got me a couple inches more lean to the back and now the backrest works great for me. Thanks. :thumbsup:

[

The wheel/nut gizmo was frozen solid but after soaking in silicone lubricant the wheel with the numbers turns freely. Turning it to numeral 1 got me a couple inches more lean to the back and now the backrest works great for me. Thanks. :thumbsup:
Yes the only other adjustment besides the cam is height adjustment. If it feels weird give youself some miles to get used to it. They sire do change your posture.

Back