BACK REST AND LUGGAGE RACK REMOVAL

DBECKER810

Standard Bore
Ride
2009 ROCKET 3 TOURING
I have a 2009 Rocket III touring, with the Triumph, quick release back rest and luggage rack.
I am asking for help on how to remove the rack and back rest!
With the key turned to open, It should be, push down and push forward but this is not working!
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
DBECKER810

I have a 2009 Rocket III touring, with the Triumph, quick release back rest and luggage rack.
With the key turned to open, It should be, push down and push forward but this is not working!
Thank you,
DBECKER810
It's been a while since I took mine off, and bike is at home but I remeber a latch to pullup on than down and forward with rack.

Thank you,
DBECKER810
Hey DBECKER looking from the back of the bike there are two black leavers which you need to raise then the whole assembly can be removed. I think it may be sticking if not removed frequently. Let me know. Johnny

Yep, two latches, one on either side just below the sissy bar. Pull/push those and shove the whole assembly forward and it should lift off. Make sure the lock isn't preventing the unlatching. Since the whole thing is user assembled (at least mine was when I had to buy it as my 2010 came without) it may be a bit out of true and be sticky.

And, if assembled by me, have the lock on backwards (!) so that it's only partly locked in place during an entire week-long trip through three nations. :) Thankfully without killing the idiot operator or dumping the Grantour bag on the road.

It's been a while since I took mine off, and bike is at home but I remeber a latch to pullup on than down and forward with rack.
THANK YOU TO ALL, I GOT IT OFF, NOW TO GET A BRACKET MADE TO ADD THE TOUR PAK I GOT!

Back