Back after a long hiatus, and a shoutout to warp

geneseo1911

Naturally Aspirated
Ride
2007 Rocket Classic, 2018 Rocket Roadster
My last post was 10 months ago, not long after warp visited me and dropped off a set of standard bars for my classic. A lot has changed since then.

Shortly after that visit we started harvest. It was another miserable time; 3rd year in a row of major problems with a combine that was broken down more than it ran. It cost me a significant amount of money, and the stress **** near killed me. In part due to this, and many other issues, i told my partner, who owned most all the machinery, and the house i lived in, that i couldn't deal with him anymore and i was going out on my own.

So, bought a house, and a line of machinery, and half a million dollars in debt later, here i sit. Poorer, but MUCH happier. Got my crop in by myself, and things look pretty good.

Obviously playing with motorcycles was lower on the priority list, but i finally managed to get the rocket in the shop and do maintenance, which included checking the valves. That turned into a 2 month process. Wound up getting the cam ladder of with a combination of vise grips and an impact driver, after breaking a dozen t30 bits. Finally got her back together and on the road a couple weeks ago, which rekindled the obsession and brought me back here.

Meanwhile, those classic bars made the move with me, andevery time i see them, I'm reminded i need to get them up to warp. Just wanted to let him know i didn't forget. I've been looking for an excuse to go for a ride, so we'll have to get together and I'll buy you lunch.

Anyway, life happens. I'm glad to be back in the wind, and I'm glad to see everyone still here.

Welcome back- I've family in your neck of the woods, sort of, and it's been too long since I've seen them. Glad you've got your Rocket all squared away.

Just so I can be clear about your post,
you are stating that you actually prefer the Standard bar shape over the Classic bar shape?

Just so I can be clear about your post,
you are stating that you actually prefer the Standard bar shape over the Classic bar shape?

Very much so. The angle of the classic bars hurt my wrists. Being 6'4" and how shall i say... large framed might have something to do with it.

Pres I'm actually near Champaign.

Very much so. The angle of the classic bars hurt my wrists. Being 6'4" and how shall i say... large framed might have something to do with it.
Pres I'm actually near Champaign.

That there makes total sense. You are in the minority here, "Stretch", as most prefer the Classic bars.
I be the opposite with a very tall torso, cursed with short arms and legs at 5'11".
The Classic bars helped me - not perfect for sure but much better than the OEM Roadster bars.
BTW - WELCOME back to the fold! :thumbsup:

Back