Axle Grease + Final Drive recommendations.

Timbo

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3 Roadster
Got wheels off and in for Powder Coat and will need to grease drive when i stick it back together, can anyone recommend a good grease for this please?

Do I need a full synthetic bearing grease or will Castrol LM Bearing Grease do the job?

Side topic, does oil in axle need changing? and if so, how often and with what oil?

Thanks in advance.

Honda moly for the splines and you MUST use GL-5 gear lube in final drive. No substitute.

Correct. Final drive lube will have a rating like most other lubs. GL-5 has different shear qualities and is the only lube speced for our drives. I don't know of any substitute for that rating. If you are in the states Vavoline multi 75w-90 will be fine.

having a spot of trouble sourcing Honda Moly 60 grease in the UK , any suggestions? Found one supplier and is out of stock :) Motocrossworld.

And GL5 is a rating, like DOT4 etc on brake fluid.

thanks for the advice

Not sure if you can find it in the UK but Loctite makes a high moly grease that works well for the splines. Google loctite moly paste to find sources.

Sent from my DROIDX

Oh, yes! Best to have a few o the shelf "just in case.....". In a pinch I'm told an old spark plug will work!

Back