Avon's ( OOOH NO ANOTHER TYRE THREAD !!!!!!!)

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
The Metzelers the old girl came with are just about done apart from the strange wear on the front I don't have any real complaints about them BUT I think I'm about to pull the pin on standard size set of Avon Cobra's unless someone can give me a good argument otherwise

I should say I'm a more on the side of grip than mileage as I do like to ride the old girl hard but as I said never really had any problems with Metz grip wise

have heard some talk about changing the front size ....thoughts please

I just replaced the front metz with an avon for the same uneven and extreme wear reasons. First impressions are that it's good and sticky, but I don't ride them too hard. Hopefully they last more than 3k miles.

I have an avon on the front .... it is nice and sticky, you can feel it on a hot day.
That gave me weariness about how soft it was. My buddy on a raider on the back tire has an Avon cobra and ate through it in 8000 km. If He can do that on a raider I would probaly kill it much quicker (I ride much more aggressively than he does).

I went with exceedra max on the read and it is lasting well and sticks fine. It does not feel as sticky as the cobra, about the same as the metz, but it is not showing it's wear yet and that's after a good 4000 km so good news there.

The cobras also have a wear warranty, which my buddy with the raider is trying to excercise, will let people know once we have results.
My thoughts .... cobra on the front is a no brainer, I will do that every time. Cobra on the rear is a good choice, exceedra max is good to, comes to preference.

The Metzelers the old girl came with are just about done apart from the strange wear on the front I don't have any real complaints about them BUT I think I'm about to pull the pin on standard size set of Avon Cobra's unless someone can give me a good argument otherwise

I should say I'm a more on the side of grip than mileage as I do like to ride the old girl hard but as I said never really had any problems with Metz grip wise

have heard some talk about changing the front size ....thoughts please

You like riding old girls do you:eek::D

I run the Excedra Max on the rear, I get the best mileage from this tyre than any other and have no problems with it sticking.
I've now fitted an Avon Cobra to the front and it feels gooood ! But have dropped to the 140 section, down from the standard 150 size, a vast improvement in handling.

IMG_0103.JPG

I just replaced the front metz with an avon for the same uneven and extreme wear reasons. First impressions are that it's good and sticky, but I don't ride them too hard. Hopefully they last more than 3k miles.
Thanks
You like riding old girls do you:eek::D
Why yes ..I slip the key and she never says no... I then do whatever I like and when I'm finished I walk away
I find the older are more grateful for the attention

I run the Excedra Max on the rear, I get the best mileage from this tyre than any other and have no problems with it sticking.
I've now fitted an Avon Cobra to the front and it feels gooood ! But have dropped to the 140 section, down from the standard 150 size, a vast improvement in handling.

IMG_0103.JPG
Thanks

I have an avon on the front .... it is nice and sticky, you can feel it on a hot day.
That gave me weariness about how soft it was. My buddy on a raider on the back tire has an Avon cobra and ate through it in 8000 km. If He can do that on a raider I would probaly kill it much quicker (I ride much more aggressively than he does).

I went with exceedra max on the read and it is lasting well and sticks fine. It does not feel as sticky as the cobra, about the same as the metz, but it is not showing it's wear yet and that's after a good 4000 km so good news there.

The cobras also have a wear warranty, which my buddy with the raider is trying to excercise, will let people know once we have results.
My thoughts .... cobra on the front is a no brainer, I will do that every time. Cobra on the rear is a good choice, exceedra max is good to, comes to preference.
Thanks

IMG_0103.JPG
That's a well used bunch tyres
you fitted a 140/80x17 ? and what breed ?

That's a well used bunch tyres
you fitted a 140/80x17 ? and what breed ?

140/75R17

IMG_0103.JPG

+1

Back