Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Bridgestone Excedra

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Jallen3.14

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket III
Time for new shoes already. Put 5K on since I got the bike in May.

I've got a thing about wanting front and rear tire to match, and am not going to go darkside, so that leaves me with those options.

I've never had Avons. I've had Metzlers on my 'zuki and wasn't overly impressed, especially for the money. Sure wish Shinko or Kendra made a 240/50 - 16.

Between those two though, what's the general consensus on the forum?

Avon Cobra tires front and rear are the best. Spend the money and get the top performance.

FYI: If you want a little extra handling in the twisties change the front tire size one size smaller to 140/75R-17.
By them from Rocky Mountain ATV. They have the best prices. Most affordable.

Front Smaller than stock for better handling.
Avon Cobra AV71 Front Motorcycle Tire

Rear stock size.
Avon Cobra AV72 Rear Motorcycle Tire

Rocky Mountain ATV has a great price, but Bike Bandit also offers a 2 year roadhazard warranty for $80: Motorcycle Tire Road Hazard Warranty | Best Motorcycle Tire

I have a 240/55 Bridgestone exedra max on the rear of my Roadster and have done 9200kms so far on it....should get 10000kms ok.
Soon to change the front after the same km's as the rear and have an Avon cobra set aside but am now seriously considering the new 888 Metzler for is stickability.
We have some very coarse asphalt here in NZ especially on the West Coast of the South Island.It's to try and drain the heavy rain we get from the road surface apparently but its tough on tyres.
I would pick a tyre that grips over longevity any day.
The 'New" 888 Metzler has some big claims and is apparently better wearing than its predecessor the 880.

The closest Bridgestone I can find is a 240/55. Will that fit on the 05 Rocket?
Yes it will fit. Started out with stock tires and they sucked. Went to the Avon's and they sucked. Went to a Avon and a car tire and that sucked. Last two sets of tires have been the Bridgestone rear and a Michelin Scorcher 140 front. Good traction cold or hot. Really good traction on wet roads. Great combination for daily commuting and for the twisty turns on the days off. Don't get to ride much due to working but even after placing 47,000 miles on the Rocket X since Oct 2015 do kind of like the tire combination. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back