Avon Cobra Tire Shopping

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
I'm not in need of tires yet, but figured I would start shopping for prices again and post my findings here.. :) These are only rear tire prices.. I'm not done shopping yet, but here's what I have so far.. I'm not too enthused with my findings so far..

Avon Cobra Radial Touring / Cruising / Custom - Rear: Avon: Tire Express
$248.17 (free shipping) Total = $248.17

Avon Cobra Motorcycle Tires
$227.99 ($15.00 shipping) Total = $242.99

Avon Cobra Motorcycle Tire at BikeBandit.com
$258.81 ($7.50 shipping) Total = $266.31

Xchoppers.com - Avon Cobra - 240/50VR-16 Radial - Rear
$269.95 ($25.42 shipping) Total = $295.37

Avon AV72 Cobra 240/50R16 Radial Street Motorcycle Tire
$241.99 ($12.00 shipping) Total = $253.99

Avon - AV71 & AV72 Cobra Radial
$253.20 ($22.96 shipping) Total = $276.16

Yep, I have Avons and will be going back with them.. I have about 13,000 miles on them now and have no cupping on the front tire, and the rear still has plenty of life left in it. I'm planning to throw another 1200 miles or so on them on a trip to Hot Springs, AR next month for the Hot Springs Rally. This will be this set of Avon's second trip to Arkansas (I bought them just before RAA III).. :) They have been great tires!, Just hoping to find the rear tire a little closer to the $200...

Hmmm . . at 15,000 miles I may be tempted to ditch my Goodyear. I have no complaints except these terrible roads around Fort Walton Beach and Destin. The pavement gets hot, the big trucks roll on and the road gets these nasty ruts about 3 inches deep where the blacktop gets squashed. Its a PITA when that tire tries to follow them . .:cool:

I too am interested

Dave,

I am on the fence about leaving the Darkside. I agree with Booger on the road conditions. Truck wallow lanes at most intersections are down right nasty. The State is for all intensive purposes dead broke concerning any future road repair. They don't even cut the grass on interstate medians anymore and they have closed a number of rest areas. I do know I won't go back to Mez, but if the Avons are wearing that well there may be a change this winter since the front one is getting really close to replacement.

I think I will.. I'll have that much on it when I get back from Hot Springs, AR next month. I've been trying to keep miles off of it by taking the van to work instead of the bike. The van has A/C but can't get out of it's own way in traffic.. :)

So do you think you will get the 15000+ out of it?

Back