Avon Av71 discontinued

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Well I found out today that my order for the Av71 front tire for my 2015 r3t was cancelled by Dennis Kirk due to the tire being discontinued. It's been back ordered since Christmas. I spoke with the Avon rep from Cooper tire earlier today, and I told him that I already have a brand new Av72 mounted on the rear wheel, but he reassured me that their would not be any compatability issue mixing the old model cobra 72 with the new model chrome 91 front tire.
I hope he knows what he is talking about.
I was able to order the new chrome 91 from Bike Bandit for about $176 delivered.
Now I can finally get the bike back together. Yipee!

Well I found out today that my order for the Av71 front tire for my 2015 r3t was cancelled by Dennis Kirk due to the tire being discontinued. It's been back ordered since Christmas. I spoke with the Avon rep from Cooper tire earlier today, and I told him that I already have a brand new Av72 mounted on the rear wheel, but he reassured me that their would not be any compatability issue mixing the old model cobra 72 with the new model chrome 91 front tire.
I hope he knows what he is talking about.
I was able to order the new chrome 91 from Bike Bandit for about $176 delivered.
Now I can finally get the bike back together. Yipee!

I wouldn't worry about it. It's pretty common to mix different tires front and back from the same brand and from different brands. Some bikes come new off the showroom flow with unmatched brands front and rear.

Back