Auxiliary Power Socket

Blackthou

Nitrous
Ride
2014 Black 'n' Red R3R. RamAir, Tors, DP Link pipe
I've read the threads re installing the above and spent a long time looking for the 2 taped wires mentioned. I found 4 - 2 pairs but neither pair are long enough to reachthe intermediate panel where the socket mounts. I know i could extend them but it's not been mentioned in other posts?
Does anyone else have 2 pairs and if so does it matter which one?

Attachments

• IMG_4330.JPG
    IMG_4330.JPG
    587.8 KB · Views: 9
You are looking in wrong area. The lead for the auxiliary socket is buried down low. It is a T shaped connector with blue tape on it. You need to remove the small panel between the engine and frame to find it.

Hi,
I've looked under the small panel thorughly 3 times and unless the wire is welll hidden, have pulled and followed evry wire I could see, hence trying the other side panel. When I found 2 wires taped up I thought great and then found 2 more. Obviously none of which are correct. Any chance of a pictureof the T shaped connector?

picture was Here is a picture of connector - didn't realize it was cropped so tight. Even when you get here the wires are buried in middle of bike, you will have to move others out of way to get to it. Look for blue painters tape on it.

View media item 10444
Hi,
I've looked under the small panel thorughly 3 times and unless the wire is welll hidden, have pulled and followed evry wire I could see, hence trying the other side panel. When I found 2 wires taped up I thought great and then found 2 more. Obviously none of which are correct. Any chance of a pictureof the T shaped connector?

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, it's a white connector bent over and taped with blue tape to other wires. But then again that was on a R3T, good luck

Thanks guys. Thought I recognised the plug for a moment but alas, no
IMG_4083.JPG
IMG_4082.JPG

Not those. I think mine was on a metal strap bracket affair that sits under the plastic cover.
The strap thingy needs to be unbolted and slid out.

Back