Auxiliary Power Socket

Battersea

Turbocharged
I have ordered an OEM Power Socket for my Classic and wondered if anyone on here knows where the loom connector is situated, it does list one on the wiring diagram but not where its located.

Thanks.

most likely under the tank up near the front where all the other connectors are located. Happy digging!

actually, I have no idea. I'm not even sure where the power outlet mounts. If it is in front of the left side panel, you might want to start digging there.

Pull off the panel where the socket is situated, the connector is in the bunch of wires directly behind the panel...

That is correct...it is marked with blue. At least it was on my Roadster.

Hard to see...use a good flashlight.

Get full instructions at the link below....click it

Triumph Instructions.com

You put in the oem part number and it takes you to instructions.

Hi folks, just picked my r3r this morning and I can see where the socket goes but would like to know if the socket will take a standard automotive plug a la sat nav etc or is it a different size like it was on my old Beemer. I ask purely because my solar panel charger lead in my garage ( no mains electricity in there ) has the standard 'cigar lighter' plug as one of the options. It will make things simpler to connect and leave the seat in place with the mag switch for extra security. I'm currently using the croc clip option which is not ideal.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hi folks, just picked my r3r this morning and I can see where the socket goes but would like to know if the socket will take a standard automotive plug a la sat nav etc or is it a different size like it was on my old Beemer. I ask purely because my solar panel charger lead in my garage ( no mains electricity in there ) has the standard 'cigar lighter' plug as one of the options. It will make things simpler to connect and leave the seat in place with the mag switch for extra security. I'm currently using the croc clip option which is not ideal.
Thanks in anticipation.

It's not the standard 12v plug size. The hole for the socket on this bike is for the small DIN connector. I used a dremel tool to increase the size of the whole and then I installed me own 12v external plug in that spot.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Ah, that's a shame, don't want to cut the hole if I can avoid it.
I have other options, there is a non standard connector near the rear shock fitted I presume by the previous owner. I can do a better job of it in the same place with a standard socket which will do the business I reckon. Alternatively I can buy the plug and socket and fit the plug to the solar panel. :)

Thanks for the quick reply.
Ah, that's a shame, don't want to cut the hole if I can avoid it.
I have other options, there is a non standard connector near the rear shock fitted I presume by the previous owner. I can do a better job of it in the same place with a standard socket which will do the business I reckon. Alternatively I can buy the plug and socket and fit the plug to the solar panel. :)

I didn't want to cut it either, but after I finished install.. it looks AMAZING! Love the way it looks and it works well. It was easy to cut the hole a little bigger. But I understand how you feel :thumbsup:

Back