auxiliary lights not working

slidderhd

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 R3T
Just before Christmas, my aux lights sometimes would not work. Now stopped all together. Pulled switch out and while switched on moving it around, I here a relay clicking on and off. Light still not on.

Fairly obiviuos you have either a Short or a lose connection under the tank or possiblly a dry solder joint somewhere. what were you moving around when relay was clicking, that where you start looking. Good Luck with it, just be patient.
Oh and while checking connectors apply some Dielectric Grease

Just before Christmas, my aux lights sometimes would not work. Now stopped all together. Pulled switch out and while switched on moving it around, I here a relay clicking on and off. Light still not on.
Your avatar is an R3T correct? - so OEM lights? - In warranty? - where's the switch on R3T's?. If the lights are not coming on despite the relay clicking - then it could be a damaged relay - but more likely blown fuse or poor earth. If the switch operation is not making the relay click that's a different issue. Sounds like damaged wiring to me.

2007 R3T OEM auxiliary lights. Always worked before. Just noticed in the fall that they wouldnt come on sometimes when I started up the bike. I had opened the siwitch housing and removed the switch and twisted the switch around when I heard the relay clicking. Lights did not flicker when relay clicked.

2007 R3T OEM auxiliary lights. Always worked before. Just noticed in the fall that they wouldnt come on sometimes when I started up the bike. I had opened the siwitch housing and removed the switch and twisted the switch around when I heard the relay clicking. Lights did not flicker when relay clicked.
Just A Silly Question ........... but did you check the globes themselves

Back