Auxiliary brake light wiring question

Redwings01

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Tour
Has anyone attached an aux/additional brake light? I'm installing a Knight Riderz aux brake light. Should I wire into the fuse box or inline with the brake light? Thanks for any help gents.

Just tap onto the brake light signal wire

Note that you said "in-line" - it would not go in-line but in parallel
ie connect the plus to the brake light positive and the negative to the ground wire

Last edited:
it was hard to get at but i taped into the pos side just after the brake switch near the back of engine.

Hey guys, Tying into the brake harness did not work. What fuse handles the actual brake light, not the running brake light, but the bright actual brake light? Is it the 5 amp fuse. I can get the aux light to come on, but it won't flash then come on bright. Thanks for any help

Are you sure you have the correct wires?
What specific colour wires have you spliced it to?

This is a 3-wire module right?
Running, Brake and Ground?

it was hard to get at but i taped into the pos side just after the brake switch near the back of engine.

Hey Turbo, where is that exactly? I'm about at my limit. Already threw the kayak across the garage. On my Kawasaki, this took about 15 minutes to install. I've been at this 4 hours, unnecessarily tore into the brake harness, and the light still isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OEM wiring is
Running Light - Yellow (connect your blue wire to this)
Brake Light - Green/Purple (connect your red wire to this)
Ground - Black (connect your black wire to this)

Again - your new wires tap ONTO those OEM wires - you do not install "in-line" as you suggested in your first post.

Aux_brake_light.jpg

Last edited:
When I had the wires matched up into the brake harness, and then I turned on the lights, the aux lights would flash brightly a few times, then static at regular intensity. Applying the brake would cause the brake light to come on, but the aux. light would just stay at regular intensity and not flash.

I understand. I spliced into the wire and soldered the aux wires onto the brake line harness wires. In-line was a poor choice of words.

Back