Automatic headlights

Martin_z_BA

.060 Over
Ride
everywhere
I don't understand that when we have a light sensor and the instrument panel reacts to it, why the lights from the daytime network are not automatically switched to full.
Or have you already discovered it and rebuilt it? I'm not saying that it's a problem, but people often realize that it doesn't light properly when it's dark.

Yes, it should be an auto function, as it wouldn't be hard to do as the tail light and number plate light work either way according to the manual ("The rear light and licence plate light all function automatically when the ignition is on")

I guess it's because the DRL function is not in every market so they added a switch for it. They state in the manual you need to switch between DRL and Low Beam manually: " When the ignition is switched ON and the daytime running lights switch is set to on, the daytime running lights warning light will illuminate. The daytime running lights and low beam headlights are operated manually using a switch on the left hand switch housing, see page 28."

It could be so, that using DLR it would be automatic, and in full only full. It is minor thing, from technical point for now the first.

Back