Aussie riders, what's the best roadside assist to buy.

motolink

Nitrous
Ride
2011 Roadster and 2001 Bonneville
I am starting my research into what good value roadside assist and break down services are available in Queensland Australia.
I only know of the RACQ.

Ive been looking into something to cover the trip down south later in the year and racq GOLD CARDwill cover you but if you have a minor accident and this causes you not to keep going such as a broken clutch lever(mitzy) they will only assist you if you have full bike insurance .still hunting down something better

Last edited:
I have RACQ Ultimate , havnt had to use it yet but it makes me feel better knowing it's there , i like the car hire/accomodation incase of breakdown

I have NRMA roadside assist on my bike and other vehicles ,they send a tilt tray and pick you and the bike up 24/7 (you sit in the cab lol) and take you back to the depot or home what ever is closer and will lock your bike away till you can pick it up , expensive BUT!
The Ulysses Members directory comes in handy if you are F**** and far from home, its a bit like phone a friend , most of those guys are happy to help a fellow old fart in trouble.

OK not as fancy as that RACQ one, but may be worth a look??? 24/7 breakdown cover anywhere in Australia, free towing up to 50 kms., cover for flat batteries and tyres, emergency fuel, mechanical; breakdowns, $35 a year.

I've had it for a coupla years, haven't used it. Should at least get me out of strife if I get stuck...... Depends what you want, I s'pose. Doesn't cover prangs.

They say it is not just restricted to NSW membership..... it's the successor to the now-discontinued cover by the NSW Motorcycle Association (or whatever it's called..)

www.motorcyclealliance.com.au

Back