$35 grand, plus another $2,000 for ORCs. Wow. That’s a considerable hike. Roadsters were selling for around $25k ride away before the promos started.
I like the look of the GT (except for the screen). The small increase in height over the one on the R is almost certain to make it unpleasant.

The official Triumph Canadian site has all the details of the new bike except for price. Both models are featured with some options. Don't see prices yet.
For the Ride
And the wheelbase is 66 inches..... finally
upload_2019-7-31_7-50-45.png

24k USD, the pillion pad is quite minimal, styling the pad not the butt comfort. I'd be inclined to test drive, however I think a price of 20K would be more suitable. They might fall off after a while like most things do. By then I'll probably be too old to care:(

Hoopla

If the T120 is anything to go by 6th should be an overdrive. The 1200s use Essentially the same gearbox as the 5 speed used in the 900s but with the extra gear added. On the other hand, on all the triples, including Tigers, 6th is as frustratingly low as 5th is on the current Rocket. Given the push towards better fuel economy overall with the new generation Triumphs I’d be leaning towards it being an overdrive. Long overdue.

My drawing and scaling was close, came up with 66.1"...
85775_fd322a626c1b7fa3dbac8fe09be4c047.jpg
The official Triumph Canadian site has all the details of the new bike except for price. Both models are featured with some options. Don't see prices yet.
For the Ride
And the wheelbase is 66 inches..... finally
upload_2019-7-31_7-50-45.png

That's only 0.7" shorter though.

Back