redd

Standard Bore
Ride
xr1200x
Hello, names Redd. Im 45, south eastern mi. Been looking around here for a couple weeks now. I have desided the rocket tour might be my next bike, so I want to talk to the pros. Is there anything u think I should know about it? What do u think is a good deal for 2013 or 14 new. I have owned a 87 kaw 454, 89 600 ninja, 98 valk, 02 wing and I just sold my 11 xr1200x. I still have a 95 sporster. Thanks for ur advise. Look forward to talking to u more

Welcome red.
I be no pro; but, I can tell you the Rocket is a fine motor and you had better hang on!
If you want to be the king tour guy out there, you're pointing in the right direction.

Hello, names Redd. Im 45, south eastern mi. Been looking around here for a couple weeks now. I have desided the rocket tour might be my next bike, so I want to talk to the pros. Is there anything u think I should know about it? What do u think is a good deal for 2013 or 14 new. I have owned a 87 kaw 454, 89 600 ninja, 98 valk, 02 wing and I just sold my 11 xr1200x. I still have a 95 sporster. Thanks for ur advise. Look forward to talking to u more
Go for it I am on rocket #4... This is my old 08...

Go your own way...

Hey Redd,
I own a 13 R3T and last Nov I traded in my ’03 Triumph Speedmaster and paid $8700 for the R3T. It had most of the warranty left and 1400 miles on the clock. It doesn’t have ABS but it otherwise flawless. I think I got a good trade in and had the advantage of winter pricing.

I’ve only put about 300 miles on her over the winter but I love the power, handling, and steady plant of the bike. It runs on rails. My other bike is a Goldwing and it has its good points but it’s not a Triumph. The R3T is impressive sitting still. It feels much lighter than the Wing. If you are keen on big bikes, the R3T is hard to beat. It's impressive.

Hello Redd and welcome from Virginia. I am no ‘pro’ but I ride a 2014 R3T now and have put 4,300 miles on this winter. It is completely stock but I will add on the TORs exhaust before Rolling Thunder this May. I would say have it installed up front if you are buying a new bike. The overall price of the bike will depend greatly on where you buy it from as some dealers can afford not to sell lower; just be diligent in your bargaining.
I love the instant torque I need when driving in DC area traffic and I have tested the ABS several times. This is the first bike I have owned with ABS and find that I do like it as it give me much better control when stopping at speed and I don’t think I can lock the front brake ever again.
I take my pretty roommate out on day trips with no worries into the mountains or across the plains here. She has plenty of room for her purse amongst my safety gear I carry in the bags. She was deathly afraid of motorcycles before I came along and now she falls asleep shortly after we hit the road. I have a Bluetooth, helmet to helmet set up to chat along the way and keep her awake though I don’t think she can fall off.
I have rode most of your past machines except the 600 Ninja and Wing. Comparing the Rocket to any of them is not fair as I think each have their own merit and that the Rocket is so far into its own realm that it is not nice to the others. I have had 27 previous bikes and rank this R3T at the top. It is the only bike I have at the moment but I am thinking of getting a vintage ride or two as the days go by. But I think I will keep the Rocket for now on regardless.
PS. Not sure why you gave up your XR, but I thought that was a fun bike to tear up some country roads on…
PSS. I just heard about a Valkyrie here locally that is for sell and a low price, I may go check that out though it isn’t really vintage; I do like the bike though.

Hi Redd,

Love my R3T. Since you are in SE Michigan I recommend you drop by Triumph Detroit. Two locations, Shelby Township and Plymouth. I believe Lisa is now at the Plymouth store and Dave, the owner is at the Shelby Township location. Both nice stores and really GREAT people to work with. I have purchased two America's and my 2013 R3T from them. Great service departments too. Always felt I was treated fairly by them.

I don't have a Touring (wasn't invented when I bought my Rocket) but I can say I have 82K+ miles on my '04 and it's running great. I've had to do some maintenance.. replace clutch plates, spark plugs, etc... The biggest pain is waiting on Rocket specific parts from Triumph, but it's worth it. Rode today and the torque still just is so amazing. It's awesome knowing you can out accelerate almost any vehicle.. :)

you might want to CONFIRM that the bike you buy in the U.S. truly has ABS. Some of our American brothers have thought they were, but it seems it is advertised, but not on the bike. The Canadian ones have ABS, a couple guys have come up to get that version, and swapped out the speedo to mph.
P.S. The beast is in a class all by itself, your sportster will feel like a mini-bike when you grab ahold of one of these (my wife has a superlow) it feels so awkward after being on mine. Probably anything else you get on will never feel like the rocket, it is unique.

Back