Asking for help. No power from starter button.

Buzzo

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Roadster
G’day, I’m hoping to get a few pointers from the brains trust.

I have a mate that I steered to a used rocket at a dealer that had 5000 km on it. Within a month the clutch shifter broke. He hasn’t ridden it much and has come home from working away and now the bloody thing won’t turn over.

The gauges do their thing once the key is turned and the head light comes on but the starter button has nothing. Not a sound. I told him to put a multi meter on the battery to see if there was any voltage drop when he hit the starter, but it didn’t move. I did the google search and the clutch safety switch apparently can cause problems. He checked to see if it was stuck in but it’s moving freely.

Any suggestions on where else to look would be greatly appreciated.

If after making sure the battery is O.K. battery charged, terminals clean and tight, fuses, etc. It would seem likely to check the clutch safety switch is actually working, check with meter or connect with TuneECU and check on the Diagnostics page.

Rick

The gear position sensor does that on my Classic at times. Put it in 2nd and rock it back, if the gauges sweep again, try starting it.

You can test the clutch safety switch by unplugging it and jumping it with a short piece of wire.

Given that clutch cable replaced (assume that was what meant) I'd be looking to the clutch switch
Here I was guessing the typical lifter shaft breakage from improprr adjustment. I only talked about the little green light because he had not mentioned it either way.

Back