Are you young? Would you buy a Kawasaki W800?

MCN

Living Legend
Kawasaki has revealed they expect their new W800 retro to attract younger buyers. Kawasaki's Martin Lambert told MCN that, surprisingly, their research showed the Triumph Bonneville-rival would be popular with under 30s as well as older classic fans. The research...

More...

I'm under 30. I've always loved retro bikes. Someday I hope I can find a REAL. classic bike. That is why I fell in love with the Triumph brand. I think this Kawasaki is just a poser bike. I'd spend the money for a classic with a reputation like Triumph!

I'm under 30. I've always loved retro bikes. Someday I hope I can find a REAL. classic bike. That is why I fell in love with the Triumph brand. I think this Kawasaki is just a poser bike. I'd spend the money for a classic with a reputation like Triumph!

A friend and I are in the process (very slow process) of rebuilding a 67 and a 70 TR6C. The 67 is ready to be reassembled, all we need is the time to get it done.

Awesome!

I've been looking for a good project for the past 5 years. Everything in my area seems to be way overpriced! Or chopped all up! I'm starting to think the ole' barn find is a thing of the past.

We found both of these on Craigslist. They have a pretty good search facility that lets you narrow your search and scan all the Craigslist ads across the country.

The 67 had a set of extended forks and the wrong gauges and headlight. From there back it was relatively stock except for the exhaust. Stripped it down to the frame, had that powder coated and the tank and side covers repainted as per original. Should come out pretty nice.

Z750

I'm knocking on a bit now..but when i was younger and in 1976 i had a new Z750
It was a parallel twin..and not a bad bike if i can remember
It's main rival was Yamaha's XS 650 also not a bad bike..i think they were better than
the brit bikes that were about at that time..would like to try the W800

Ray

Back