Are there concerns on positioning the Rocket3 GT while on a lift

MFA

.040 Over
Hi;
I just acquired a Sears Craftsman lift. I find the most stable position to raise the bike per the attached picture (basically the rear side just in front of the muffler). Are there any issues I should be aware of, or areas I should not make contact with?

Thanks.
Rocket3gt on lift.jpg

The jacking points are illustrated on page 159 of the owners manual.

Thanks, I tried that, but the bike leans too much forward and seems unstable. I was hoping I can use the points shown in the attached picture as the bike is much more stable with that configuration. I guess I can use the recommended points a floor jack to provide the stability.

I had to strap mine down as well (to ensure the bike would not tip). However, I did not deviate from the recommended jacking points on pg. 159 because those points seem to be the strongest contact area.

Hi;
I just acquired a Sears Craftsman lift. I find the most stable position to raise the bike per the attached picture (basically the rear side just in front of the muffler). Are there any issues I should be aware of, or areas I should not make contact with?

Thanks.
Rocket3gt on lift.jpg
I did what you are showing here without any catastrophes. I also didn't like the way it was tipping. But, there's probably good reason for the recommended jack points. Maybe next time.

When I had the suspension tuned for me they lifted it the way you are to lift the rear and the front to take sag measurements, but I would suggest the jack point of your going to be doing it for extended periods, my only concern about the forward factory jackpoint is its in line with the drain plug bump and I always worry about those.

Hi;

Thanks.
Rocket3gt on lift.jpg
I have the same lift and have used it several times to lift the bike, remove the rear tire, etc, and have had no problems. I place it so the bike is balanced front to back. I also do not strap it down (to where?) and don't use straps on either of my Harleys and have never had any issues with them either. Since there are three oil drain plugs on the R3, positioning the lift will be important if your task is to change the oil.

Back