Arai Signet Q helmet

RKTNMYPKT

Village Idiot
Ride
2021 HD RoadGlide
After 8 years with my Icon full face helmet, and after being offered $200.00 off the Arai helmet by my dealer, I bit the bullet and purchased the Arai last weekend.

image.jpg

Here are my thoughts.

Why does Arai place that stupid Sticker right in the middle of a beautiful helmet?

Nice helmet, light weight, and comfortable, ventilation is superior to any helmet I've owned.

However, most definitely not the quietest helmet I've ever owned.

In fact on the 80 mile journey home I found the internal noise in my left ear to be downright annoying, I tried closing the vents to no avail. It almost seemed like some sort of weird harmonic thing going on.

I tried the helmet for two more days before finally calling the dealer and let them know about the issue. They offered to exchange it for a different helmet or give me an I store credit.

So I'm heading back there
today to try on the Nexx carbon.

Has anyone out there tried either of these helmets?
What are your thoughts?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-neotec-helmet

This is the one I'm getting next. I really like the modular part when your at a red light or in heavy traffic in the city. Better vision and ventilation. Really like to try one before dropping 600$ on it!

I'm having the same issue with the Schuberth S2
I like the looks of it it has gotten great reviews but I can't find any place locally to try it on

I'm having the same issue with the Schuberth S2
I like the looks of it it has gotten great reviews but I can't find any place locally to try it on

If can wait and go to a national motorcycle expo, they have all the helmet manufactures there.

With all the technology today you would think they would have a wind booth for your head so you could try them out.

I too have the Arai Signet Q FF helmet. Bought it the same day I bought the bike. For $650 it is rather noisy as you mentioned, but not having worn FF helmets until now I thought that was normal. I am very pleased with the fit and the ventilation. I opted for the gloss black version. I don't mind the placement of Arai emblem, I think you'll find that on most name brand helmets, no? I do need to swap out the clear face shield insert with a tinted/smoked one.

I
I too have the Arai Signet Q FF helmet. Bought it the same day I bought the bike. For $650 it is rather noisy as you mentioned, but not having worn FF helmets until now I thought that was normal. I am very pleased with the fit and the ventilation. I opted for the gloss black version. I don't mind the placement of Arai emblem, I think you'll find that on most name brand helmets, no? I do need to swap out the clear face shield insert with a tinted/smoked one.

Just leaving the dealer now

I almost purchased the Schuberth C3 modular but it was a couple hundred more bucks and to be honest felt heavy and somewhat clunky

So instead I just purchased this NEXX XR2 Carbon fiber

It's light as hell, looks cool and is reviewed well by other riders.

I'll try it out when I get home

image.jpg

That's awesome they worked with you! Usually, once you wear it it's yours :(
That does look nice! I'll swear by my shark Evo 3, but it is a little on the heavy side!

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-neotec-helmet

This is the one I'm getting next. I really like the modular part when your at a red light or in heavy traffic in the city. Better vision and ventilation. Really like to try one before dropping 600$ on it!

That's the one I have and it's fantastic, but watch for fit/comfort - I have a round head and with stock inserts it used to pinch at the temples like a motherf##ker (yes, I had worn an identical one in the store for 20 minutes and it felt perfect and yes, I suffered through it for 3 months waiting for it to break in). Long story short, I had to get thinner liner and cheekpads (they have three different thickness options) for additional $80, to make it fit better.

Back