Arai Pss ( pro shade system )

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
Fellow Rocket pilots / Arai crash helmet user

Recently purchased the Arai pro shield system for my rebel crash helmet.
The idea is a good one Arai refuse to fit internal dark visor as they feel it weakens the lid
and I would have to agree .
The convenience of having a clear and dark visor fitted all the time was very appealing But here's the disappointing bit ....its a bit rubbish really .
The dark visor is neither dark enough or long enough . you know when you want a bit of fresh so you just crack your visor open 5-10 mm .. well its to heavy and shuts itself ! also your field of vision I just under the dark visor and over the line where the pin lock insert would sit and is very distracting.
The worst part I found when using it in the dark and having the dark part flipped up .. if you creep up over 80'ish it slams shut and of course you can't see a thing and your doing 80 ! ( bit dangerous really )
Also the eyebrow vents look feel and operate like cheap rubbish in fact the first time I opened one it feel apart this is not what I expect from Arai so I returned it for a refund .

You may find it works and like it .I was not impressed for the £90 I paid I expected more

Looks a lot like the system Nolan had on their helmets a few years ago It drove me crazy as it was always catching the wind turbulence and vibrated no thanks I'll stick to the Shark system besides the the Snell std is not the end all it used to be

Back