Anyone use Sabin Performance in Dallas TX for Dyno? UPDATE DYNO COMPLETED

Hubguru

It's Throttle Time!
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster, 2012 Kopavi V8 Trike
Hey Guys,

I've pulled the trigger on installing a RamAir and Outlaw Slip-On so will need a new tune. Has anyone used Sabin Performance in Dallas TX? I email them but haven't heard back yet if they will do a R3R.

I could probably tuneecu myself but have had several previous bikes Dyno'd with great results. So I'm excited to do the R3.

Another question, after fitting the new components and performing the ’12 minute tune’ can I ride the bike to the shop or would it need to be trailered? I live about 20 miles from shop.

Thanks.

JR

UPDATE

I did hear back from Jim @ Sabin Performance and he reported they do use tune ecu and can dyno the R3R, no problem. So looks like I'll fit the new part this weekend and drop off bike for tuning next week. Will update with dyno chart.

JR

I used him once. All he wanted was to get my bike off the dyno and collect my money. He halfway smoothed the line, but I lost 1 hp, and 3 ft/lbs of tq from the A/T map. I'd never use him again. :thumbsdown:

Well that's not good, sorry for trouble. The dyno at the dealership is down waiting part so they can't do it. The recommendation came from my local dealership. Sabin dyno is the only one available right now in the area, so I think I'll give him a shot and see how it goes. I can always take it somewhere else if need be. I did check out his google reviews, not bad.

Appreciate the feedback fellas. Will follow up, hoping for a better experience.

JR

UPDATE

Sabin Performance was able to tune my R3R without issue, gained around 15% overall at the rear wheel. Ended with 140 HP and 153 TQ. Butt Dyno confirmed and happy. From what I read, this is pretty standard improvement for a slip-on exhaust and ramair filter.

rocket_3_dyno_8-7-18.jpg

WOW!
Looks to me like they way over-revved your engine - 8,000?
Am I wrong here?

Tuner reported rev limiter is set at 7, so I assume run-out on the chart was particular to his software.

Back