Anyone see this on exhaust?

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
The black spec, looks like through the gold metal with black metal behind it. Seems like small rock would not cause the chip. Hate to see multiple ones, bike not very old. Kinda anal about the appearance, but...

Attachments

• 20200816_130838.jpg
    20200816_130838.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 227
The black spec, looks like through the gold metal with black metal behind it. Seems like small rock would not cause the chip. Hate to see multiple ones, bike not very old. Kinda anal about the appearance, but...
Not had this problem. Polished-up mine (headers & mufflers) and it'
R3 headers polished.png
s come up great. Tarnishes a little when run hot for a while, but nothing a few mins of elbow grease & Solvol wont return to its gleaming finish...

Not had this problem. Polished-up mine (headers & mufflers) and it'
R3 headers polished.png
s come up great. Tarnishes a little when run hot for a while, but nothing a few mins of elbow grease & Solvol wont return to its gleaming finish...
Mine is paint chipped off, not lacking elbow grease.

Paint chip off the pipe? There is not paint on that pipe. I have had the exact same thing but it turns out to be charred debris.

Paint chip off the pipe? There is not paint on that pipe. I have had the exact same thing but it turns out to be charred debris.
Oh wow. No paint huh. When I run my finger nail over spot, nail goes down into imperfection so I assumed chip. I will double check agai

Oh wow. No paint huh. When I run my finger nail over spot, nail goes down into imperfection so I assumed chip. I will double check agai
I might be unclear about where the defect is but it looks like it is on the brushed stainless surface? To the best of my knowledge there is no paint or coating on the header pipe. You may very well have some pit or defect but I ended up having to use an extra fine steel wool to get the "spots" off my pipe. I even took the heat shields off to facilitate the process and blend the finish. Good luck

I might be unclear about where the defect is but it looks like it is on the brushed stainless surface? To the best of my knowledge there is no paint or coating on the header pipe. You may very well have some pit or defect but I ended up having to use an extra fine steel wool to get the "spots" off my pipe. I even took the heat shields off to facilitate the process and blend the finish. Good luck
I appreciate that. The black dot on the gold curved part, header I guess. I will check after work and verify. Sure hope I am wrong and you are right!

You were right! Steel wool, so it was on top. Not chipped. Still could not tell close up with glasses. Just kept rubbing. Thanks man!

I keep getting back spots on the headers, usually something that has melted, some debris or a dead insect or piece of splattered tar from the asphalt... disappears in to the ether once back up to temp a few times... those headers do get very hot!... saves buffing.. although those pipes a few posts above from Flubbyman do look lush... love a bit of chrome effect highly polished surface... I'd have to do all the brushed parts to match my OCD tendancies

I keep getting back spots on the headers, usually something that has melted, some debris or a dead insect or piece of splattered tar from the asphalt... disappears in to the ether once back up to temp a few times... those headers do get very hot!... saves buffing.. although those pipes a few posts above from Flubbyman do look lush... love a bit of chrome effect highly polished surface... I'd have to do all the brushed parts to match my OCD tendancies
I have those same 'OCD tendencies', but the effort is worth it....
3R filter box polished.jpg

Back