Anyone Running a Sidewinder Pipe by Carpenter?

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
I am looking into getting a pipe and was wanting to find some first hand knowledge about this pipe. If there any owners running this tell me what you think about it.

If anyone has any opinions baised on second hand information please feel free to post that also.

Thanks.

I WILL TYPE IN BIG LETTERS SO EVEN A CONASS CAN READ IT:D yes I have had one for a quite a few months, nice pipe -loud pipe? can be but I had the baffle installed still loud but I have heard louder, now remember it is a 2" pipe it is designed to really go with the carpenter engines(but anyone can use it) and it puts off some heat as does any after market full exhaust system with out heat shields.
I do not know if anyone makes heat shields for the Sidewinder if anyone knows please chip in.
Another big advantage is the weight loss the total system comes in at about 15lbs and as everyone knows the best way to gain speed is to drop the wait.

I WILL TYPE IN BIG LETTERS SO EVEN A CONASS CAN READ IT:D yes I have had one for a quite a few months, nice pipe -loud pipe? can be but I had the baffle installed still loud but I have heard louder, now remember it is a 2" pipe it is designed to really go with the carpenter engines(but anyone can use it) and it puts off some heat as does any after market full exhaust system with out heat shields.
I do not know if anyone makes heat shields for the Sidewinder if anyone knows please chip in.
Another big advantage is the weight loss the total system comes in at about 15lbs and as everyone knows the best way to gain speed is to drop the wait.
Thanks so much for posting and since I will get to see you and the pipe at the RAA east I will have a chance to talk to you more and hear the thing for myself. That pipe does have a "nasty" factor visual appeal.

What other mods are you running in addition to the pipe? Did you do one of the Carpenter kits? BTW I can read large and small letters but if you want Steel to read it do as you like.;)

Last edited:
Road a bike with a Carpenter exhaust sounds good. Did not like how I had to have my right leg sticking way out to keep it from burning me and still got burned on one of those spring hooks :confused::banghead:

Road a bike with a Carpenter exhaust sounds good. Did not like how I had to have my right leg sticking way out to keep it from burning me and still got burned on one of those spring hooks :confused::banghead:
I’m pretty tall with long legs so that might help me a bit. Sounds like I’m trying to convince myself they’ll be ok doesn’t it?:confused:

I’m pretty tall with long legs so that might help me a bit. Sounds like I’m trying to convince myself they’ll be ok doesn’t it?:confused:
You have a roadster so foot and leg position is different from the 06 skydog was referring to. When you get to stearns Dave's bike will be exactly like yours.

You have a roadster so foot and leg position is different from the 06 skydog was referring to. When you get to stearns Dave's bike will be exactly like yours.
Thanks that sounds good. All this talk about the RAA east is foreplay that is going on to long. I can’t wait, I’m about to bust a premature nut.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I want to call Carpenter so bad but I know it will only make it worse. On the other hand I need to make a planned rational choice baised on my list of priorities. Lust weakens a mans reason and resolve.

Back