Anyone run a Carpenter sidewinder in a 3-1-2 configuration?

Kojack1970

Turbocharged
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster and 2000 HD Fatboy
I love the idea look and power increase of the carpenter sidewinder headers, but I prefer the dual exhaust look. The left side just looks naked to me without a pipe in front of the swingarm/shaft. I know I can get a paul bryant setup by that's a mint to get to the states between currency conversion and shipping.

I wish there was a header only option. That way I could keep the rest of my system since I am happy with it.
Has anyone fabricated a header by cutting the stock header off at the head ports and fashioning a three into one?

I love the idea look and power increase of the carpenter sidewinder headers, but I prefer the dual exhaust look. The left side just looks naked to me without a pipe in front of the swingarm/shaft. I know I can get a paul bryant setup by that's a mint to get to the states between currency conversion and shipping.
If you remove the gasket, in diagram No. 23, it is possible to install link pipe No. 13 increased to 45 mm (38 mm in stock). It remains to make a bypass pipe with a pedestrian on the Carpenter headers. Of course, the installation only makes sense with TORs.
exhaust gasket.png

So it happened to me, bypass pipe 60 mm for 2 pipes 45 mm
IMG_20220609_130053.jpg

IMG_20220609_130533.jpg

If you remove the gasket, in diagram No. 23, it is possible to install link pipe No. 13 increased to 45 mm (38 mm in stock). It remains to make a bypass pipe with a pedestrian on the Carpenter headers. Of course, the installation only makes sense with TORs.

Thank you, good to know. Question, the headers on the bike in the picture, were those bare stainless steel or where they polished and tarnished that much from the heat?

I'm looking for the right solution for headers, AISI 201 stainless steel, darkens a lot when heated.

In the US we have a company, Jet-Hot, who does coatings for exhausts/headers. https://www.jet-hot.com/coatings
I've never used them personally, but have a few friends who have and the end product does turn out very nice.

In the US we have a company, Jet-Hot, who does coatings for exhausts/headers. Our Coatings — Jet-Hot
I've never used them personally, but have a few friends who have and the end product does turn out very nice.
I mean, the design of the headers, I think the last one with TORs, is more than successful, not a single pants was damaged, next winter I will make one of 304 stainless steel, and ceramic coating

I mean, the design of the headers, I think the last one with TORs, is more than successful, not a single pants was damaged, next winter I will make one of 304 stainless steel, and ceramic coating

Gotcha!

That would be an interesting statistic, number of pants lost in the Rocket community. To all our fallen trousers, RIP

Back