Anyone replaced the pegs with this floorboard kit?

sams2100

.040 Over
Has anyone replaced the pegs on a 2011 roadster with the floorboard kit at this link?
Link Removed

If so, is it difficult? Any problems I should be aware of? And is the final effect that your feet are now more forward than where the pegs are located at now?

Welcome from Australia... few on here have looked into it but can't remember anyone actually doing the swap.. Sure if they have they'll chirp up. Think the ABS be the only issue , has to go to Dealer and get plugged in to be re-activated ... as far as i know.

Welcome from Australia... few on here have looked into it but can't remember anyone actually doing the swap.. Sure if they have they'll chirp up. Think the ABS be the only issue , has to go to Dealer and get plugged in to be re-activated ... as far as i know.

when i had my '09 classic, i swapped the boards for the pegs, found the boards touched down far too easily for me and found i had to heave my legs round to get my feet up, the pegs sit higher off the road. now i have the roadster and the set up is great. infact i think i may still have the boards in the garage somewhere.;)

Has anyone replaced the pegs on a 2011 roadster with the floorboard kit at this link?
Link Removed

If so, is it difficult? Any problems I should be aware of? And is the final effect that your feet are now more forward than where the pegs are located at now?

I just finished putting the classic floorboards on my Roadster.
All you need is a new shorter gear actuator, small brake line either steel or braided hose and a small homemade bracket to hold the brake light switch. I just folded one from some scrap stainless steel and mounted it to the brackets that hold the master cylinder.

the floor boards will fit either stnd or classic models rails but they do sit different depending on what rails you choose. more level with the classic floor board rails and angle if you use the standard rails. They use to sell them both ways a kit with the rails and one with just the boards.

I just finished putting the classic floorboards on my Roadster.
All you need is a new shorter gear actuator, small brake line either steel or braided hose and a small homemade bracket to hold the brake light switch. I just folded one from some scrap stainless steel and mounted it to the brackets that hold the master cylinder.

Coming up to Hervey Bay for RDU ??

Mr, Nox,
Very nice, sano job indeed. I like the chrome rails as well. I really need to do this on my new 2012 Roadster. Is there anyway I could prevail upon you to provide a detailed parts list of everything needed for this fine alteration so, I can go shopping?
Best Regards,
1olbull

Last edited:
I did it the hard way by remaking the entire bracket and then having it all re chromed before I found a tread which appears to be the same way that Tomcat did it. If you would like to see it check out this site: R111owners.com,( you might need to joint but it is free) then go to where to goldmine, then to page2 Sept. 2011 R3R controls to standard question. This guy has the best and most detailed way to do it I have found.
Trapper

Thanks guys. I found it and appreciate the info.
Best Regards,
1olbull

I did it the hard way by remaking the entire bracket and then having it all re chromed before I found a tread which appears to be the same way that Tomcat did it. If you would like to see it check out this site: R111owners.com,( you might need to joint but it is free) then go to where to goldmine, then to page2 Sept. 2011 R3R controls to standard question. This guy has the best and most detailed way to do it I have found.
Trapper

This was also my bike which is featured in that post. I went from Roadster controls to standard foot pegs and now to classic floorboards. Stay with me and I will detail the changes used to go to floorboards shortly.

Back