Anyone know bevel box drain plug thread size, pitch, etc. for R3T

ZoneIII

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
Does anyone know the size of the bevel box drain plug - bolt size, pitch, etc. I have to repair with a Heli Coil type insert and I need to know what insedrt kit to get. I could use another size, of course, but it would be nice to use the original type magnetized drain plug. Any Triumph Parts guys here or anyone who can measure one? I could order one but it will take weeks or even longer to get with the coronovirus slowing everything down. I'd like to get the insert installed in the meantime.

I emailed Triumph but never received a response.

Ok yes 10 mm 1.5 mm pitch. If it were me and you might have tried it already. But I would sharpen a Q size letter drill left handed. Its about .0024" smaller then the metric tap drill size. And with a vacuum cleaner sucking see if you can drill her out. The metric tap drill is 8.5 mm.
Good luck

Does anyone know the size of the bevel box drain plug - bolt size, pitch, etc. I have to repair with a Heli Coil type insert and I need to know what insedrt kit to get. I could use another size, of course, but it would be nice to use the original type magnetized drain plug. Any Triumph Parts guys here or anyone who can measure one? I could order one but it will take weeks or even longer to get with the coronovirus slowing everything down. I'd like to get the insert installed in the meantime.

I emailed Triumph but never received a response.
Just adding this bit to be helpful....since the plug seals on the face of the plug iirc, make sure that the helicoil is shorter than the material you will be inserting it into. Otherwise, your gonna have jacked up threads. Most hardware or automotive shops sell kits individually.

If you haven’t used one of these repairs, you will need a 13/32 drill, the 10x1.5mm helicoil tap, the installation tool (keeps the insert shape while installing, and a drive tool.

Yes 10mm with a 1.5 pitch..
WP_20200327_001.jpg

i have replied to the other thread check it out. be sure and read the part about the magnet still in there also the offer to send the final drive to me:)
jvheli told u about the length of the heli coil has to be shorter than the material it fits in. he is correct
i have taken a die grinder and cut off 1 or 2 coils to make them shorter. the problem with to long is that if u run it in to far then u will not be able to break off the tab u use to turn it in, and if u leave it out to far it is never going to seal.
if u do the repair i would use a magnetic pin to break off the tab so that it catches the tab.

Back