Anyone headed to daytona

I'll be there in heart and soul, however economic conditions beyond my control make it impossible attend physically. :(
Please drink a cold one for my soul. :bch:

I'm planning on going down Sun the 1st weather permitting.:confused: If not I'll be going down Mon. I've never met anyone from this board. Planning on going to the speedway or whereever theres a Triump deal.

Dave Moore

Well, on Sunday the 1st, my SCRC chapter will be heading over to Ponce Inlet for a meet & greet. Of course if it's stormy like they say it will be, I'll stay home and relax. 3 plus hours on I-4, Orlando, and storms are not a good mix.:mad:

We should have a Florida salvo sometime.

Daytona

The traffic was really bad, you could not get to 44 road blocked. Went the long way and had to stop at Trader Jacks. Nice weather for a ride in the country!!
Lots of bikes around.
rockenrobert

My last look into the temperature spreads had mid 60s climbing to mid 70s by the next weekend for highs. Early on low temperatures (Monday night) will be in the low to mid 40s and mid 50s by next weekend. Yes, possibly stormy on Sunday...like that has ever changed:eek: If global warming were a fact, as opposed to my observation over the past 15 years, it wouldn't be wet/stormy and chilly the first weekend year after year. The big chill for the deep south will set in on Sunday with a good chance of snow. No kidding. Of course there's no chance of snow at Daytona. But I wouldn't be surprised to see reports of snow this Sunday in the Panhandle. Now that's the makings for a nipplely wet t-shirt contest.;)

Last edited:
For those of you going to Daytona coming down I-95 from Jax, you may want to look at your map (s) and get off the exit at the huge Harley dealership (that's on the right) prior to getting to Daytona and when you get to the light at the end of the exit ramp make a left. I did that last year and traffic wasn't backed up at all (just momentarily at the exit ramp) and took (I believe it was) US1 into Daytona. It's a lot better than getting off with the "herd" at the regular Daytona exits up ahead.

Dennis

At Dubai
tomorrow home and no longer an "inactive" Rocket Captain...can't believe the six and one half months "exile" is over for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Got other commitments with state officials :(. Last year of that nonsense. :) There are a few ways to Daytona the older ways are more interesting. 331, 441, 19 just a few.

Back