Anyone have the Roadster Windshield?

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
I was just wondering how you like it. They're pretty expensive, I would want to make sure it's the right thing for me if I was looking for a little more comfort while touring. I am about 5'11 and wondering if anyone could tell me if the wind would be deflected over my head at that height.

Does the screen fit the same mounting brackets as the one for the fly screen?

Thanks!!

I don't think any of the stock Triumph screens will be a complete solution. There are taller options that exist. And a Laminar Lip is a good add-on to regular Triumph screens of all types. There's the ability to block some wind, and they all do. But it's the buffeting that occurs as air spills over the top edge in a messed up frenzy. A Laminar Lip smooths that flow out, and makes it possible to keep a shortish screen.

Visit here http://www.laminarlip.com/rocket3.php

I was just wondering how you like it. They're pretty expensive, I would want to make sure it's the right thing for me if I was looking for a little more comfort while touring. I am about 5'11 and wondering if anyone could tell me if the wind would be deflected over my head at that height.

Does the screen fit the same mounting brackets as the one for the fly screen?

Thanks!!
yu could look at the secdem/bulster ( dual headlight cutout) screen as well, I am 5.11 and with the MRA lip on top I have wind flying right over the top of my helmet , the screen is angled back and not too obstructive with 20% lesssurface than the roadster screen

I just bought one recently, but I haven't installed it yet, I'm about six foot one. I'll post something soon.

I bought one from a member here, installed it, tried it, removed it. Put flyscreen back on. I will have to try the lip the others have mentioned, but the buffeting made it unusable. The flyscreen and windshield do use the same mounting clamps so changing is an easy 10 minute job.

My R3R screen works fine for me , takes the wind pressure off my shoulders , im 6ft i get no helmet buffering whatsoever.

Buffeting depends a lot on the angle of the shield. My roadster screen was mounted in a 45 degree angle, buffeting got a lot less (and softer) that way.
I actually got a smaller shield from Skidmarx UK now, and it is mounted even flatter, almost like a sportsbike screen. There is no buffeting left now.

They also work a LOT better if you cut a vent hole about 6" long and 1'5" high, just above the horizontal mounting bracket. That will get rid of the buffeting.

Last edited:
I'm 5'11", I like the screen but I don't like the buffeting, I even tried the laminar lip...no success. I'm ordering the clearview.

Back