Anyone got a lathe?

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
I am needing four threaded bungs 1" wide drilled and tapped for M10x1.25 . I am wanting to make my own handlebar risers. These would slide into 1 1/4" round tubing. My thought is to retain the stock R3T risers and bolting them into the extentions. The only bungs I have been able to source with this thread pitch so far are 3/4"od. Any help as always is appreciated.

I am needing four threaded bungs 1" wide drilled and tapped for M10x1.25 . I am wanting to make my own handlebar risers. These would slide into 1 1/4" round tubing. My thought is to retain the stock R3T risers and bolting them into the extentions. The only bungs I have been able to source with this thread pitch so far are 3/4"od. Any help as always is appreciated.

Save your time.
Jack-Be-Quick has 1.25" high spacers with new longer bolts for $40 (in USA)
Pictured on TBird here, but they fit the 1.25" round risers as on Touring models.
Website is down for the moment(???) so email me at JackBeQuick.TBird@Gmail.com
Bob
T-Bird & Storm Handlebar Spacers.jpg

Save your time.
Jack-Be-Quick has 1.25" high spacers with new longer bolts for $40 (in USA)
Pictured on TBird here, but they fit the 1.25" round risers as on Touring models.
Website is down for the moment(???) so email me at JackBeQuick.TBird@Gmail.com
Bob
T-Bird & Storm Handlebar Spacers.jpg

Bob,

What modifications, if any, has to be done to cables or routing of cables with your 1.25" risers?

bob

Can't seem to find a picture of RocketJohn's. Maybe he'll post one.
BTW, whether or not you buy JBQ's, you really do not want to thread into aluminum spacers. They would probably not stand up to an impact load or even hold up over time to constant vibrations. You want to go with grade 12.9 hardened bolts through the spacers into the stock risers. Good luck with your project. (...no,really!)

JBQ-Spacers-2.jpg

Back